DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 20 First 123412 ... Last
    Awesome! Many thanks!

This should be stickied!

!!!

Nice one, stickied and moved to Maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Braincain007 View Post
    hey I got the exe, but I dont understand what you mean for the last step

Edit: NVM I got it. For anyone wondering you just have to drag the .dd2vtt file onto the .exe
    Sorry I should have been more clear, my bad. Here is how you can set it up so that you can just double-click on a .dd2vtt file:

- open a command prompt as administrator (e.g. ctrl+esc, type "cmd", right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as Administrator")
    - type 'assoc .dd2vtt=DungeonDraft2VTT' and press enter
    - type: 'ftype DungeonDraft2VTT=C:\...\dist\uvtt2fgu.exe -f "%1"' (include the double quotes but not the single quotes, replace the ...\dist\ with the path to your executable)

Now you should be able to double-click a .dd2vtt file in windows explorer and it will automatically generate the files!

Edit: if your path has spaces in it, make sure to put quotes around it, for example:
    ftype DungeonDraft2VTT="D:\My Programs\RPG\DungeonDraft Utilities\uvtt2fgu.exe" -f "%1"

The -f makes sure it will overwrite the .png and .jpg and xml if they already exist, which is what you want pretty much always. The %1 means the path of the file you double-clicked. So if you wanted to pass other parameters you can put it in.
    If you ever make a mistake and need to edit it, you can run "Registry Editor" and then go to "Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Dungeondraft2VTT".
    Last edited by zenic; May 29th, 2021 at 22:21.

Hi I can see you forked from the original DD to FG LOS convertor, there was an exe file in there that you could dl rather than having to set up python is there anyway that could be adjusted and added to the Git you have created?
    If I had any idea what I was doing I would give it a go but I don't

Quote Originally Posted by Leprekorn View Post
    Hi I can see you forked from the original DD to FG LOS convertor, there was an exe file in there that you could dl rather than having to set up python is there anyway that could be adjusted and added to the Git you have created?
    If I had any idea what I was doing I would give it a go but I don't
    Google how to run a python script on (insert_operating_system_here)

Ok I have managed to create the exe and its working thanks.

Awesome work! This is such a great tool.

Thank-you all. Is there any interest is a GUI app which does this as well? Something you can open a dd2vtt file, it shows you a preview of the map, and then save the files somewhere. Perhaps each file to it's own directory, maybe a preference so that the app could default to writing the images to the same directory, and the xml directly into your campaign folder? Perhaps even watching the dd2vtt file and automatically re-convert it when you replace it?

This sounds like something I would be interested in

Ah... which platform? I've got something for Linux (Ubuntu, specifically), haven't built it for Windows or Mac OS yet.

Also, if you (or anybody else) have specific requests, please use the Issues list in Github (instead of potentially clogging things up here).

Thread Information