Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 20 First ... 31112131415 ... Last
    does this mean that i could take an alpha, or a png, or an .ai file and use that to generate wall edge data for LoS and then import that into FG? and then replace the png or alpha with a real battlemap? in short: can this technology help me automate wall generation?

My little python script? No. It's only for taking the output of Dungeondraft and converting it to something that Fantasy Grounds Unity can use. It's not a image analysis tool.

(heartbroken) ach well. thanks anyways for gettin back to me so quick

You can import Dungeondraft PNG and Universal VTT data into Arkenforge and manipulate the image or LOS data in there and export in native FGU format with XML file.

Though I have not tried it yet...
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing
    Princes of the Apocalypse 5E Campaign
    Waterdeep: Mad Mage 5E Campaign
    The Blight 5E Campaign

When I put the uvtt2fgu.exe in the folder with my .ddvtt map, and click the exe, I get a black window popup for a second, but then nothing happens.

EDIT: never mind! I hadn't used this in ages, and I forgot how to use it. I'm supposed to drop the .ddvtt file ONTO the .exe. All worked great!

Only getting a PNG

Hi, thanks for all the work on this, it is appreciated. I smashed my head trying to work with python and was having no real progress (I am a nurse, was strong with DOS back in 1990...) so I grabbed the EXE file posted earlier and ran my map through it and only got out a PNG no Jpg or XML. not sure what I am doing wrong but would love some help if you got any left in your tanks. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyOneArm View Post
    Hi, thanks for all the work on this, it is appreciated. I smashed my head trying to work with python and was having no real progress (I am a nurse, was strong with DOS back in 1990...) so I grabbed the EXE file posted earlier and ran my map through it and only got out a PNG no Jpg or XML. not sure what I am doing wrong but would love some help if you got any left in your tanks. Thanks
    I just tested this, and it's working for me.
    Question 1: What OS and version are you on? I'm on Windows 11.
    Question 2: Are you using the latest version from github posted on the link the first post? V1.4? https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/releases
    Question 3: In Dungeondraft, are you exporting your map to vtt? Is the file extension .dd2vtt?
    Question 4: Are you dragging the [mapname].dd2vtt onto the exe?
    Question 5: Are they in the same folder? (I usually have a copy saved to a safe place, and then a copy in the folder where I'm saving my maps).

Can you comment a little on what constitutes an object for occlusion? I turned on the block vision in DungeonDraft after the fact but it doesn't appear to be working inside of FGU.

Fixed the issue: If you make a map WITHOUT enabling shadows on your object and want to add them:

-Open the origin map file on DungeonDraft
    -Enable shadows on your objects (Select Tool, Drag to select => Block Light: ON)
    -DELETE the exported dd2vtt file
    -Export the new dd2vtt file.
    -Rerun the conversion tool for export to FGU.

Your shadows should be there.

Fantastic Script Imagix

Edit: Although this does get shadows, it doesn't get the kind of object shadow in fantasy grounds (See the tree, not past it)
    Last edited by Kanbie; May 13th, 2022 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by similarly View Post
    I just tested this, and it's working for me.
    Question 1: What OS and version are you on? I'm on Windows 11.
    Question 2: Are you using the latest version from github posted on the link the first post? V1.4? https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/releases
    Question 3: In Dungeondraft, are you exporting your map to vtt? Is the file extension .dd2vtt?
    Question 4: Are you dragging the [mapname].dd2vtt onto the exe?
    Question 5: Are they in the same folder? (I usually have a copy saved to a safe place, and then a copy in the folder where I'm saving my maps).
    sorry, I thought I reply'd to this last week, but I guess the message never saved.
    1: Win 11 also
    2: I used the one you linked in this response and it did the same thing, just a PNG, no Jpg or XML file still
    3: yes, it is a .dd2vtt file
    4: Yes, I dragged it onto the exe, it ran, but only outputs a PNG maybe it is outputting the others to a different place? I cant see the text in the run box as it flys by too fast.
    5: yes, same folder for all files before running it.

not sure what I am doing wrong, its probably something dumb on my end. thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by JoshyOneArm View Post
    sorry, I thought I reply'd to this last week, but I guess the message never saved.
    1: Win 11 also
    2: I used the one you linked in this response and it did the same thing, just a PNG, no Jpg or XML file still
    3: yes, it is a .dd2vtt file
    4: Yes, I dragged it onto the exe, it ran, but only outputs a PNG maybe it is outputting the others to a different place? I cant see the text in the run box as it flys by too fast.
    5: yes, same folder for all files before running it.

not sure what I am doing wrong, its probably something dumb on my end. thanks again
    Any way you could make the .dd2vtt file available to me? I can check if I can convert the file (or figure out why it isn't working)?

Thread Information