Starfinder Playlist
Page 12 of 20 First ... 21011121314 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    A quick overview of installing pip in MacOS: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-pip-mac
    Thanks! That did the trick!

A quick overview of installing pip in MacOS: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/install-pip-mac
    Thanks! That did the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by zenic View Post
    If you're doing this from scratch, this is how you would do it:
    - Install a Python runtime and make sure you have it and pip in your path (i.e. you can type "pip" in a command prompt)
    - Download the uvtt2fgu.py script into an empty folder
    - Open a command prompt and cd into the folder with the uvtt2fgu.py script in it
    - "pip install Pillow"
    - "pip install pyinstaller"
    - "pyinstaller --onefile uvtt2fgu.py"
    Currently trying this on a Win 10 machine for complicated plot reasons, and in a week or more I may come back and ask for help on Mac OS too

I followed the instructions above (though my goodness python installed itself in a weird spot in Windows; happily running a Repair allowed me the option of adding its location to my $Path AND installing pip). I assume the desired output is a .exe?

It did things and then threw this error:

5380 INFO: Adding Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls to dependent assemblies of final executable
    required by C:\Users\chatty\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Pyth on310\python.exe
    5452 INFO: Analyzing C:\Maps UniversalVTT No Grid 100ppi\Maps\uvtt2fgu.py

Syntax error in C:\Maps UniversalVTT No Grid 100ppi\Maps\uvtt2fgu.py
    File "C:\Maps UniversalVTT No Grid 100ppi\Maps\uvtt2fgu.py", line 107
    <title>uvtt2fgu/uvtt2fgu.py at main · Imagix/uvtt2fgu · GitHub</title>
    ^
    SyntaxError: invalid character '·' (U+00B7)
    And I got a .spec file.

Any help appreciated. I may try to screw around with the .py file to see if I can magically repair it in the meantime tho.

I did find the executable on github eventually. But once I get some sleep I am going to come back here and see if I can figure out how to build my own because what if I want the latest?

But, and again I am super tired so maybe I don't get it, if I have a python interpreter why do I need the executable (other than that the file association trick is AWESOME).

OK goose is going into oven and then I sleep for 8 hours.

Ah, you do not appear to have actually downloaded the python script itself. What you'd downloaded was one of the GitHub HTML pages that contains (somewhere in it) the script. Take a look for the "Raw" button. Click that before you try to do something like "Save page as...".

The first line of the script should read: "#!/usr/bin/env python3"

OK, I've published v1.4.0, releasing the code to emit object line-of-sight blockers for FGU.
    Change from the beta: the default behaviour is to emit them as terrain occluders and not wall occluders.
    There's also the Windows exe file in the release.

https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Ah, you do not appear to have actually downloaded the python script itself. What you'd downloaded was one of the GitHub HTML pages that contains (somewhere in it) the script. Take a look for the "Raw" button. Click that before you try to do something like "Save page as...".

The first line of the script should read: "#!/usr/bin/env python3"
    I saw someone else had done that and was like "Not ME!" but I haven't used github in years and dang it! thanks. Now that I've cooked some geese and slept some, I am re-entering the world of FG Maps!!!Exciting!

Thanks for the superb converter. Been using it a few maps and it works like a charm.
    --
    Fantasy Grounds Unity n00b
    Running Lost Mine of Phandelver
    Former Roll20 user

My shared battlemaps and other material on GitHub

I kind of want to pay you for this. I had no idea how to manually associate extensions to executables in Win10.

I feel like I missed something. I have this working on my Mac. I downloaded the exe from 1.4 and installed Python on my PC and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. What does the exe do vs the manual console commands I had to run on my Mac?

Edit: Disregard. I figured it out. Just a matter of using command prompt and typing the command, rather than the python script. Works great. Thanks!
    Last edited by wframe; February 18th, 2022 at 13:38.

Thread Information