5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 10 of 20 First ... 89101112 ... Last
    I am possibly being stupid, but i can't find the config file for changing the output destination of the converter. Could you please elaborate on where this is supposed to be? Or how to change it in command line?

The format of the config file, and the command-line options for the program are documented on the main page (https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu). "-c" will let you specify the location of your own config file. A sample config file exists in the github repo as "local.conf".

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    The format of the config file, and the command-line options for the program are documented on the main page (https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu). "-c" will let you specify the location of your own config file. A sample config file exists in the github repo as "local.conf".
    Admittedly this is my first foray into python, but your documentation is a bit confusing to me. You specify it as being located at "%APPDATA%\uvtt2fgu\uvtt2fgu.conf" which i assume to mean something like "C:\Users\DELL\AppData" but I don't have a uvtt2fgu folder there. I have "Local", "LocalLow", and "Roaming". Do I need to create a folder there? Should the config file be in the same folder as the .exe file? If so why not bundle the sample config file together with the release asset when downloading the script? Do I need to create my own config file? Cause forgive me, I'm not used to github and can't seem to find a way to download the local.conf from the page. I swear I'm not trying to be difficult, I just struggle to do things "outside the box" and interpret most things as literally as possible. I apologize if this is a simple and obvious solution; I'm just not understanding.

Edit: I've got the exe working already, I'd just like to be able to set it to export the xml files to the right campaign folder to begin with instead of the extra step of selecting them and dragging them in I love your work to bring lighting and grid compatibility to the older script.
    Last edited by BloodAdept; September 4th, 2021 at 17:25.

The config file is entirely up to you and is entirely optional. Since you appear to be on Windows (you hadn't mentioned), %APPDATA% is probably "C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming" (Assuming you're logging in as "DELL"). After that, make the uvtt2fgu directory and create the uvtt2fgu.conf file. (To figure out %APPDATA%, you can just launch a cmd.exe or powershell and do "cd %APPDATA%" and see where it takes you)

These are all standard paths for applications to write their local configs to.

Quote Originally Posted by Imagix View Post
    The config file is entirely up to you and is entirely optional. Since you appear to be on Windows (you hadn't mentioned), %APPDATA% is probably "C:\Users\DELL\AppData\Roaming" (Assuming you're logging in as "DELL"). After that, make the uvtt2fgu directory and create the uvtt2fgu.conf file. (To figure out %APPDATA%, you can just launch a cmd.exe or powershell and do "cd %APPDATA%" and see where it takes you)

These are all standard paths for applications to write their local configs to.
    Ok, did that and created a .conf file via notepad++ but now when i go to drag the dd2vtt file onto the exe it launches a shell and then closes it without doing anything.
    edit: after deleting the config folder and dragging a dd2vtt file onto the exe works again.

Edit 2: I was able to use this to successfully convert 189 out of 190 of the dd2vtt files I have. Thank you very much Imagix. The final file seems to error out probably due to file size being a little over 152mb. It will generate the png, but it crashes before generating a jpg or xml.
    Last edited by BloodAdept; September 5th, 2021 at 00:28.

Youtube Tutorial I made for converting Universal VTT maps into FGU using Imagix's amazing exe file.

Tutorial Link

Blog Entries
    Thanks Imagix! This tool is saving me a ton of prep time.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thanks for this, Imagix! It will be a huge time-saver.

I don't know if you can differentiate types of vision blocks, but if you enable vision blocking for an object within Dungeondraft, the resulting object gets a hard wall where a terrain wall would be more suitable because the players can't see the object within the wall otherwise.

Also, and this should be an FGU bug that I think that I saw you bring up, corners seem to be light-leaking and tokens can push into rooms depending on how the wall aligns with the grid.

Thanks again!

Interesting idea. I'll go look to see what's involved. Github issue: https://github.com/Imagix/uvtt2fgu/issues/17

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    Thanks for this, Imagix! It will be a huge time-saver.

I don't know if you can differentiate types of vision blocks, but if you enable vision blocking for an object within Dungeondraft, the resulting object gets a hard wall where a terrain wall would be more suitable because the players can't see the object within the wall otherwise.

Also, and this should be an FGU bug that I think that I saw you bring up, corners seem to be light-leaking and tokens can push into rooms depending on how the wall aligns with the grid.

Thanks again!

With the latest version of FGU you can change the LOS types.

The light "leaking" is where the LOS points don't connect.Usually they are less than a pixel apart so its hard to spot. Probably something to do with the data from the Dungeondraft .json file.

Thread Information