STAR TREK 2d20

Classic has basically become useless for me now

Last Saturday, 5/22, there was an update for Classic and after I allowed my Ultimate license enabled client to update I could no longer get connections to my game. None of my players could connect to me. I spent hours troubleshooting this to no avail. The connection test fails every time also. I deleted Norton Anti-Virus completely from my PC to ensure it was not causing an issue and I completely disabled Windows Defender firewall....nothing works. I have checked my router port forwarding settings over and over and they are correct: Port 1802 is open external and internal for TCP and UDP and internal host/external host are both set to my ipv4 address currently. I have attached a screenshot below of my router port forwarding settings. Lastly, I became so frustrated I upgraded to a Ultimate license for Unity and my players were able to connect when I had my game listed in the lobby but not when they tried connecting to me directly via IP address. The firewall for my router has also been turned off.

https://ibb.co/3hMDTKm
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Setting your external host to 192.168.1.4 means that it will only accept external connections from that IP address. Which means you're effectively blocking all communication.

Clear the external host entry - leave it blank, or whatever it needs to be for your router to accept all connections.

If that doesn't work, please provide detailed answers to the 7 questions at the bottom of post #1 in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ions-Explained
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This does sound like a firewall issue. Unfortunately, turning off firewalls is usually viewed by the firewall as "sketchy" and a potential attack. This means that they usually just maintain their current settings instead of disabling them.

Trenloe Ninja,

Quote Originally Posted by daddystabz View Post
    Last Saturday, 5/22, there was an update for Classic and after I allowed my Ultimate license enabled client to update I could no longer get connections to my game. None of my players could connect to me. I spent hours troubleshooting this to no avail. The connection test fails every time also. I deleted Norton Anti-Virus completely from my PC to ensure it was not causing an issue and I completely disabled Windows Defender firewall....nothing works. I have checked my router port forwarding settings over and over and they are correct: Port 1802 is open external and internal for TCP and UDP and internal host/external host are both set to my ipv4 address currently. I have attached a screenshot below of my router port forwarding settings. Lastly, I became so frustrated I upgraded to a Ultimate license for Unity and my players were able to connect when I had my game listed in the lobby but not when they tried connecting to me directly via IP address. The firewall for my router has also been turned off.

https://ibb.co/3hMDTKm
    Welcome to Unity!

You have somehow got your internal IP as your external IP, so you blocked your players. 192.xxx.xxx.xxx are internal IPs - like if you had several computers at home running off the same router.

That did it! The external host had my ipv4 address in there and was essentially blocking my players.

Thank you so much, all! Very happy to have an Ultimate license now for both Classic and Unity!
    FANTASY GROUNDS CLASSIC & UNITY ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER

Thread Information