DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I have a duel bastard sword wielding Rogue problem...

One of the players in my group doesn't want to understand that it's going to be inherently more difficult to be a rogue, doing rogue stuff, while wielding two bastard swords at the same time. I feel like actions such as acrobatic jumps and the like might be somewhat affected by the two giant swords in your hands. He also doesn't believe there should be any sort of penalty for his offhand attack roll, which seems a bit ridiculous for me, especially with his 12 STR (I know, not RAW, but...?)

I allowed him to do it in the first place because the party had already equiped themselves and were mid adventure before I remembered that Rogues don't even have proficiency in bastard swords at all 🥲

Should I just tell him no double bastard swords and be done with the (very minor) issue? The group has been having fun with the idea and it hasn't been an issue or anything, other than light hearted discussions on the ridiculousness of some of the situations that came up.

Quote Originally Posted by DenilCartel View Post
    One of the players in my group doesn't want to understand that it's going to be inherently more difficult to be a rogue, doing rogue stuff, while wielding two bastard swords at the same time. I feel like actions such as acrobatic jumps and the like might be somewhat affected by the two giant swords in your hands. He also doesn't believe there should be any sort of penalty for his offhand attack roll, which seems a bit ridiculous for me, especially with his 12 STR (I know, not RAW, but...?)

I allowed him to do it in the first place because the party had already equiped themselves and were mid adventure before I remembered that Rogues don't even have proficiency in bastard swords at all ��

Should I just tell him no double bastard swords and be done with the (very minor) issue? The group has been having fun with the idea and it hasn't been an issue or anything, other than light hearted discussions on the ridiculousness of some of the situations that came up.
    Unless he's playing a large creature you can't dual wield 2 medium weapons. There are some rules for fighters being able to dual wield weapons such as that but it's not a rogue thing.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Spammers are not welcome here.
    Maybe you should edit the post so its blank so no one replies to the bogus questions?

Thread Information