DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Temporary Hitpoints With A Duration

I took a look around and I couldln't find any other posts that cover this topic, so I apologise if I missed one.

I have a player playing a sorcerer with a Bard Dedication, and he's chosen the Hymn of Healing composititon cantrip. He casts the spell at level 3 currently, which means that the target gains fast healing 6, and every time he sustains the spell he grants the target six temporary hitpoints which last only one round. The fast healing is easy enough to figure out, but I'm having a hard time automating the temp hitpoints so that they expire after one round. Is there a way to do this that I've been missing, or do I just need to manually remove the temp hitpoints after he stops sustaining the spell?

There's no duration for temporary hit points. You'll need to handle it manually.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Old thread, but I was searching for the same (and this seems the only place where it is discussed). In case someone else searches for a solution, I add some advice here.

I have "sort-off" solved the issue by adding an Effect with the corresponding duration (need an Effect for the spell anyway), and using Better Combat Effects extension, adding at the end of the duration a second Effect to remind the DM on removing the remaining temporary HP, e.g.

Custom Effects:
    Code:
    ClearTempHP; Reminder: remove remaining temporary HP (duration: 0)
    Spell Actions:
    Code:
    Effect (TRGT, All): Hymn of Healing; FHEAL: 6; EXPIREADD: ClearTempHP (duration: 1 round)
    Heal: 6 temporary HP
    Last edited by Arnagus; March 12th, 2022 at 14:20.

Oh wow. This is great. I have a bard in my Saturday party who gets a LOT of use out of Hymn of Healing. I'll be sure to test it out first chance I get.

Don't get too excited. It only adds a reminder into the Effect list for the GM to remove the remaining points. It does not actually remove them.

No, no. I got that. I misunderstood and thought that the extension caused a pop-up notification or something, but I tested it out and it's still better than nothing at all. I already had the Better Combat Effects extension never got much use out of it, so I wasn't aware of the EXPIREADD function. It's quite useful. Much appreciated.

Thread Information