STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Code:
    Name	Player Agency
    Author	damned
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    GMs have always had far more to do than players. Game prep, game management, keeping all the elements of the story linked coherently and managing a whole world of NPCs. While a virtual tabletop provides so many tools to make these things easier there is still a disproportionate amount of work to be done by the GM. In addition there are things that the players would like to be able to do but are limited by the database limitations.

This extension combines three recent extensions that give both the GM and players a lot more ability to create and track notes on the game world that they are operating in.
    • World Builder
    • Investigator
    • Dear Diary

Mini-review
    I'm not using this as much as I could/should. It allows you to organize your world data. But I'm not that organized yet. One day…

Compatibility
    Good.
    Code:
    Name	Polymorphism
    Author	Bill Perry (SilentRuin)
    with	Grim Press
    Source	DMSguild
    Support	FG forum
    .	Discord
    Official description
    This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows you to manage polymorphing effects right on your character sheet! Adding new forms you can change into is as simple as dragging and dropping an NPC sheet onto your character sheet and clicking the "Active" button. No additional modules are required —simply add this extension to Fantasy Grounds, and you are set!

This extension unlocks the following functions:
    • Easily manage polymorph, true polymorph, animals shapes, shapechange, NPC shapechanger, and wild shape all from your character sheet with the click of a button
    • When activated, a new character sheet is opened automatically with your new shape's features & abilities
    • The combat tracker updates in real-time with your new form and statistics
    • Damage is carried back to your true form (as per RAW), and you revert to your true form automatically

Additional perks included in this extension:
    • Concentration effects are properly coded: casting a polymorphism supported concentration spell ends a previous concentration spell (and ends its effects)
    • NPC Inventories are customizable when using our Map Parcel extension

Mini-review
    Out of Druid Error, so I haven't really used it's core feature. Having an inventory for my NPC's is good enough for now. There is some competition out there which I'll evaluate when my druid returns. This one does look promising though.

Compatibility
    I do expect some issues, since it's a big change. But I haven't encountered any so far.
    Last edited by Milmoor; June 25th, 2021 at 20:21.

Code:
    Name	Map Parcel
    Author	Bill Perry (SilentRuin)
    with	Grim Press
    Source	DMSguild
    Support	FG forum
    .	Discord
    Official description
    This stand-alone extension for Fantasy Grounds allows you to create inventories for maps & non-player characters quickly and easily! No additional modules are required —simply add this extension to Fantasy Grounds, and you are set!

This extension unlocks the following functions:
    • Give maps unique parcels that can contain any item.
    • Set lockpick or break DCs on map parcels, so you players can interact with them. Treasure chests displayed on the map with actual loot inside are now a reality.
    • Give your Non-Player Characters manageable inventories! Set up a mule to carry the party's mundane equipment as they travel, or give that cool BBEG a powerful artifact that is dropped upon death!
    • Any weapons given to NPCs show up in their actions tab, fully coded!
    • All map parcels & NPC inventories can be added to the party sheet with a simple click & drag.

Additional perks included in this extension:
    • Add (and customize) coin weight for your players.
    • If you own our Polymorphism extension, your PLAYERS gain access to the NPC inventories as well! Give them a NPC sidekick with a customizable inventory to follow them on their adventures!
    • Dead NPC/PC in CT now can optionally drop map parcel loot dumps of their inventory automatically.

Mini-review
    Interactive parcels on the map. Drop loot on death. Be creative and use them as tripwires or doors. Combine with Polymorphism and your NPC's have an inventory. Very out of the box, and very useful.
    I did have to shift my thinking a few times while using this. Is a bag of holding better als a parcel, as part of the inventory (you can put items in items there), or as an NPC? Etc. I ended up with moving all group items to a map parcel "treasure chest" at their home base, and the putting the stuff they want with them in a NPC "small treasure chest". See Combat Groups for hiding those NPC's. The group inventory is only for recently acquired items, and selling them after they have shifted through there.

Compatibility
    Reasonable, but not optimal interaction with Random Treasure Drops. That one creates parcels, so it's fiddling with the same data. I like them both, so I'm glad to see some cooperation between the authors.
    Code:
    Name	5E Sharing Is Caring
    Author	damned
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    This extension allows players to share data on their
    • Spells
    • Abilities
    • Feats
    • Class
    • Race
    • Items
    • Skills

To the chat window so that the DM and other players can see/read.

Mini-review
    Small but useful. If someone is wrestling with a spell, this short cuts quite a bit of discussion. Don't overuse it though. It's about playing the game, not about rule wrestling.

Compatibility
    Good.
    Last edited by Milmoor; June 19th, 2021 at 18:33.

Awesome stuff, thank you for doing this! Keep up the good work
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndUnique View Post
    Awesome stuff, thank you for doing this! Keep up the good work
    I'm at 25% now, not counting modules. I won't be bored soon.

Code:
    Name	Hero Points Extension
    Author	damned
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    This extension adds an editable field called Hero Points to CoreRPG based Character Sheets. The name can be edited to any name (eg Luck Points, Favour, Boons, Second Chance) and points can be edited by the player. The player can double click to roll and will receive a simple message to the chat window and the points will be reduced by one.

Mini-review
    I'm using this as an addition to the default inspiration. I hand them out as small rewards for certain campaign related events (similar to the Unreal Tournament announcements) which the players can spend when applicable. It allows for a more heroic play style.

Compatibility
    No issues encountered.

Code:
    Name	Chat Window - Attack Rolls - Big Icons, Fonts, and Color
    Author	valeros
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    This extension allows you to have different icons and fonts and font colors for attack info in the chat window. This is especially nice if you play on a TV and need bigger and more colorful info.

Mini-review
    The ability to change the icons is nice. I'm not sure about the changed font size and color yet. Yes, it's better readable, but the chat is becoming crowded. Everything is shouting for attention.
    Drowbe has created nice alternative icons, available in the same thread, and is building a spin-off. I'm curious what the end result will be.

Compatibility
    No issues encountered.
    Last edited by Milmoor; June 14th, 2021 at 18:39.

Code:
    Name	5E - SirMotte's Magnificent Darkness 
    Author	SirMotte
    Source	GithHub
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    I proudly present to you my take on a dark, reduced and calm Fantasy Grounds Unity user-interface for Dungeons and Dragons 5E.
    I tried my best to make it look more modern (within the limitations of FGU) and support most available extensions.
    It is useful if you tend to play in dimmed light conditions and don't want to melt your eyes with the rather bright official themes.

Mini-review
    This is a huge undertaking. It's effectively a reskin of Fantasy Grounds, and SirMotte actively tries to keep things compatible with other extensions. It looks very nice, and I'm saving it for a special occasion to introduce to my players. A BBEG for example.

Compatibility
    Suprisingly good, considering the scale of the extension.

Code:
    Name	NPC Flavors
    Author	Tideturner
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    "This is an extension that adds flavors to the name of NPCs that are added to the combat tracker through encounters. It replaces the numbering (if enabled) FG normally puts at the end of the NPC name.
    This flavor is only applied to a certain percent of the added NPCs. You can set that percentage in the options panel. If no flavor is applied to the NPC, the numbering is not replaced."

Mini-review
    This one gives a bit of individuality to the horde of zombies trying to eat my players.

Compatibility
    Good, though it can run into expectations of other extensions.

Code:
    Name	Mad Nomad's 3rd Party Updater
    Author	Mad Nomad Media
    Source	DMSguild
    Support	FG forum
    .	Discord
    Official description
    This extension for Fantasy Grounds will automatically inform you of any extensions you have that are out of date, based on the best available repository of extension data. It will also provide you with a convenient list of all known extensions where you can easily go view and/or download new extensions.

The extension works by making it very easy and convenient for content authors , or anyone using the extension, to inform the community about new updates or 3rd party content. It also makes it very simple for users to update their extensions and mods.

Mini-review
    I'm a bit conflicted about this one. It does it's job, and it's the best we have till SmiteWorks extends it's shop for extensions. But it only works if authors follow a certain format, and report updates. Which of course won't always be the case. Also I get the feeling that the extension isn't updated as much as some of the more proliferate authors need. That said, it does work for quite a few extensions, so I'm happy to use it.

Compatibility
    Good.
    Code:
    Name	Better Menus
    Author	celestian
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    This replaces the SIDEBAR with a Menu button system.

The menu buttons add new features such as the "Books" (quick access to any module loaded with reference manual) and direct access to modules listing.

This also allows you to "unlock" the portraits and move them to somewhere more convenient and the Dice Tower will be on top of the "desktop view" map.

Mini-review
    More real estate, and easier navigation. A must have for those with small screens, but I'm also using it for my 40" monster. I quite like it.

Compatibility
    Reasonable, it does complicate things a bit, but authors of other extensions tend to want to support it since it's so useful and commonly used.

Code:
    Name	Skip Dead
    Author	mattekure (John Waite)
    with	Rob Twohy
    Source	DMSguild
    Support	Discord
    Official description
    This extension automatically skips dead NPCs when passing the initiative.

Mini-review
    This one has the current crown for the shortest description, and there is no other text. It does what it says it does, which is always a good thing

Compatibility
    Good.
    Code:
    Name	5E Advanced Effects (items, npcs, characters)
    Author	celestian
    Source	FG forum
    Support	FG forum
    Official description
    When you apply the extension to a 5E campaign you'll notice a new field on items, npcs and character sheets (under Abilities tab) called "Effect Features".

For items, when you add an effect such as "IFT: ALIGN (evil); AC: 2;" it will be placed on the owner of the item if they equipped the item and are in the combat tracker.

You will also notice the same type of entry for NPCs. It works similar to the above except when you drag/drop the NPC into the combat tracker these effects will be added automatically.

You will also notice the same type of entry for Player characters, under the "Abilities" tab in a section called "Advanced Effects". It works similar to the above except when you drag/drop the PC into the combat tracker these effects will be added automatically.

Mini-review
    I'm conflicted about this one. Theoretically, it's brilliant. But I have to define the effects myself. Which I tend to forget. But it's good to have the opportunity. It would be nice if the different effects coding packages out there would incorporate the necessary coding.

Compatibility
    Other authors will adjust, since this one is hugely popular.

I'm done with my in use FG forum extensions. Got a few unused one which I will review since I did use them with a reason, and quite a few from DMSguild. Zug zug.

Would shameless requests/self promotion be in overly poor taste?
    My Forge creations: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/9/view-profile
    My GitHub: https://github.com/MeAndUnique
    Buy me a coffee: https://ko-fi.com/meandunique
    Discord: MeAndUnique#6805

Thread Information