DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Hmm, seems like reasonable specs on paper. I wonder if there is some sort of driver issue, driver setting, or some other hardware behavior.

Can you make sure that the user has set their graphics driver to respect "application-specific frame rates"? There is a setting in some graphics drivers (NVidia/Radeon) to override the frame rate specified by the application with some very high number; instead of respecting the application-specified frame rate.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Hmm, seems like reasonable specs on paper. I wonder if there is some sort of driver issue, driver setting, or some other hardware behavior.

Can you make sure that the user has set their graphics driver to respect "application-specific frame rates"? There is a setting in some graphics drivers (NVidia/Radeon) to override the frame rate specified by the application with some very high number; instead of respecting the application-specified frame rate.

Regards,
    JPG
    Double checked and frame rates aren't being forced to be anything at minimum or maximum.

I'm at a bit of a loss; because it's not happening on other computers using the exact same data; and we do not have any other similar reports. This leads me back to something specific to the machine; but not sure what it could be (hardware, driver, OS, security software, other resource hogging software, ...).

Regards,
    JPG

Since Unity we are also experiencing the same "not respnding" issues. It does not crash but is always interupting the flow of the game.
    I have a lot of modules loaded, a lot of effects, a lot if images but no walls/LoS information. I have 7 core characters with a high number of effects on them.
    We use the 3.5 rules.
    In the pre-unity version our issues were network dropping/reconnecting. This no longer happens. Now we get the 'not responding'.

I've not seen any issues with resources on the machine.

Windows 10|i7-9750|/2,6Ghz|6 Core|16GB|GeForce GTX 1660Ti

Just thought I would add the the discussion to say that others are having this issue.

I've tried trimming the images/tokens folders to get rid of any 'big' ones but has had no apparent effect.

As I say we do have a lot of effects configured and active, have hundreds of images and 40+ modules/extras. Still I would not expect this to be happening all the time. It sometimes corralates to actions - open effect box, roll a specific dice roll, but can just 'happen' when I'm not doing anything at all.

I have not tried unloading modules but is that really a solution. I want access to all the modules, particularly if I am developing adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyGJFantasyG View Post
    Since Unity we are also experiencing the same "not respnding" issues. It does not crash but is always interupting the flow of the game.
    I have a lot of modules loaded, a lot of effects, a lot if images but no walls/LoS information. I have 7 core characters with a high number of effects on them.
    We use the 3.5 rules.
    In the pre-unity version our issues were network dropping/reconnecting. This no longer happens. Now we get the 'not responding'.

I've not seen any issues with resources on the machine.

Windows 10|i7-9750|/2,6Ghz|6 Core|16GB|GeForce GTX 1660Ti

Just thought I would add the the discussion to say that others are having this issue.

I've tried trimming the images/tokens folders to get rid of any 'big' ones but has had no apparent effect.

As I say we do have a lot of effects configured and active, have hundreds of images and 40+ modules/extras. Still I would not expect this to be happening all the time. It sometimes corralates to actions - open effect box, roll a specific dice roll, but can just 'happen' when I'm not doing anything at all.

I have not tried unloading modules but is that really a solution. I want access to all the modules, particularly if I am developing adventures.
    Can you compile and upload your logs after a crash happens? A zipped up campaign might also help. That may give some insight.
    How did you structure your campaigns in FGU? Are you developing your adventures and then exporting them to run in a seperate campaign or are you doing all in one campaign?

Not responding comes from the CPU doing work in most cases. Under normal circumstances this does not happen while playing. This could be specific to your campaign or some underlying issues (as Moon Wizard already said before).
    Last edited by Zarestia; June 14th, 2021 at 12:46.

FG saves the campaign database every five minutes; so if you have a very large campaign database that could take a while to do. How big is the db.xml file inside the campaign folder?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It doesn't crash - normally this is a good thing...so no crash logs.

The db.xml is 14mb. Would not have thought that that was 'big'. If it is this, is there a way to compress?

I develop adventures inside the campaigns. However I only develop the NPCs and encounters in FG, occasionally a item or two. I use pen and paper for map creation and plots. I then scan/import the maps to use in the encounters.

So in essence my campaign as just loads of NPC's in encounters.

Blog Entries
    No you cant compress it.
    What you could try is
    /export in chat and then choose all the NPCs.
    Then close FG.
    Backup your db.xml (twice) and then edit the file.
    remove everything between <npc> and </npc>
    Save the file and reload FG.
    Is the file considerably smaller?
    If not check what else is using lots of (relative) space in the file.

You can then load the exported module so you dont lose the NPCs that you have just deleted.

The main time you'll see not-responding is usually due to the following (but probably not limited to just these):
    - Loading a module with a lot of data. FG needs to parse through all of the XML and assign it to the relevant record locations.
    - Opening a window that has a large list of data. This can be a PC/NPC sheet with a lot of spells, an effects window with a long list of effects, etc..
    - Doing anything that's code intense - a complex action (dice rolling with lots of effects and/or targets), loading a complex NPC into the combat tracker.
    - A player joins the game.
    - As mentioned, the auto-save taking some time. Although some people aren't really seeing this, whereas others are getting noticeable delays. Maybe more related to the local computer setup/config.
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 15th, 2021 at 08:58.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

14mb is rather big for a text/xml file. My adventure db.xml for comparison is 2,66 MB and 46k lines long (equals ~ 100 PDF pages atm). I'd suggest to do the export as @Damned outlined. If you need help, feel free to zip up and PM me your db.xml

Thread Information