5E Character Create Playlist
Page 5 of 9 First ... 34567 ... Last
    I tried removing all the many spell tokens I cannot use anyway (asset tokens cover NPC tokens). Made no difference, though, still takes over 40 seconds to load my campaign as a GM, despite the load screen only becoming unresponsive intermittently.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; June 21st, 2021 at 22:46.

During game-play viewing content like feats or spell tables is one of the more problematic CPU bound operations. Especially those extra windows that show feats "By level" and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    It's been good but I'm noticing that the players are complaining that their end is locking up when I'm moving NPCs. Everything else seems to flow very smoothly and it's just the NPC movements that are causing grief.
    @Thunderhead A possible work around for now is to enable token lock and have the GM move tokens using token lock mode (by holding ALT when starting the movement). At least in my test campaign this worked to eliminate the movement lag seen by the player client when the GM moves tokens with lighting enabled.

Not a solution however I turned off almost all the modules and the behaviour was much better.

Still occasionally occurs but far less often....

So when I design an adventure I'll turn them on to create the NPCs, then turn them off for game night.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGJFantasyG View Post
    Not a solution however I turned off almost all the modules and the behaviour was much better.

Still occasionally occurs but far less often....

So when I design an adventure I'll turn them on to create the NPCs, then turn them off for game night.
    Use development campaigns for content creation. Export to modules, only load the modules you need during play.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm at a bit of a loss; because it's not happening on other computers using the exact same data; and we do not have any other similar reports. This leads me back to something specific to the machine; but not sure what it could be (hardware, driver, OS, security software, other resource hogging software, ...).

Regards,
    JPG
    Sorry for the long delay on this, we've just been dealing with it. Fun update: we got a new computer this last weekend (10th gen i9, 3080, 32GB ram, etc., more than enough you get the idea) as we've been waiting on parts... still having the issue. But it's just their account. With Windows 10 I thought it was mostly just preferences (background, theme, etc.), but maybe it's more? Something in the registry/system configuration carried over? I'm not too familiar with what pulls over when you log into your Microsoft account on a new device.

Check your GPU driver settings, these may carry over via MS account.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Check your GPU driver settings, these may carry over via MS account.
    Check it for what? We've looked at them before and we're not forcing anything, it's all mostly default.

Reset the settings and delete any FGU specific profile it may have created.

Also check if the specific user profile autostarts software that other profiles do not start.

And disable (for testing) or reset any anti-virus software that may use per-user settings.

All that being said, FGU not responding usually means that its maxing out its (mostly single) CPU core while processing stuff or that it is waiting for stuff to happen (like loading/saving a file). Is your FGU data within the user's subfolder? Does another user maybe come with a "clean" FGU data folder?
    Last edited by Weissrolf; June 26th, 2021 at 10:42.

I tried the campaign you uploaded, but without owning the modules there is little loaded on my setup. I had one PC target the NPC via combat tracker while having the map open. Rolling for attack hardly caused any CPU load, though, so no problems here (even while running TW:WH2 and a low latency audio test in the background).
    Last edited by Weissrolf; June 26th, 2021 at 12:36.

Thread Information