FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 16 of 21 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by DonE66 View Post
    Trenloe, what effect strings work on item automation fields? Per my post #138 I tried the HEAL effect but it did not add temporary hp to the character in the combat tracker though it did show the effect in the effects area. Just trying to understand what effects work currently vs the future. thanks
    Effects don't trigger actions, they effect a future action. HEAL effects get applied when a heal action is triggered - these are currently only attached to spells.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the clarification. Do you plan to add spell like actions that can be applied to a item that is equip or even as interacted action? For example, I wanted to automate the action of a magic item that when worn gives False Life as in the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by DonE66 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. Do you plan to add spell like actions that can be applied to a item that is equip or even as interacted action? For example, I wanted to automate the action of a magic item that when worn gives False Life as in the spell.
    Item actions is on the list for things planned for R19, you can see the full list on the first page on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Incremental updates and bug fixes to Release 18 will be ongoing.

Future major releases bring significant functionality. The following is currently planned for future releases - this information is subject to change and nothing is set in stone at this point.

Release 19 - approximate release end 2021.
    • Additional actions tab added to the character sheet - contains PF2 action data. This tab will be the main place to access and carry out PF2 actions for a characters - skill actions (e.g. demoralize), feat based actions, class feature based actions, item based actions, general actions, etc., etc..
    • Addition of a new record type - "Action" to cater for PF2 actions and automation.
    • New action based automation, for example: Skill vs. DC (for skill based actions such as trip, push, demoralize, etc.), attack & damage (for bombs and other things), heal (for healing actions and items), effects, etc..
    • Tracking and handling of afflictions.
    • Automation of the dying process and wounded condition.
    • Option to select a specific skill for initiative.
    • Desktop modifier buttons/controls.
    • Damage combination for features such as flurry of blows.
    • Simplify effect targeting with "To Me" option.
    • Filter by trait - if performance is acceptable.

Release 20+ - ETA mid-late 2022.
    • Animal Companion handling
    • Encounter XP and Threat calculations.
    • Better presentation of chargen option windows and data selection.
    • Tighter integration of magic items and their abilities/effects.
    • Crafting and forumulas.
    • Distance calculations for ranged attacks.

Honestly, DonE66, at this point, you are better off just using a spell action to add some of the effects you want to implement until the time comes when the ruleset can handle the more complex automation on items you are seeking. I personally create an Items spell group for commonly use items with effects the group needs (such as healing potions and elixirs, items with special activation effects that are temporary, etc).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I have a request:

While the Token Lock option is disabled on a map, I would still like to be able to hold ALT while moving a token to see how far the distance is and at the same time being able to make a multi-move. And I would like to be able to do it as a player as well and then be able to confirm my own move when Token Lock is disabled, for ease of measuring distances and show everyone how I'm moving.
    Last edited by Montis; July 14th, 2021 at 13:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    I have a request:

While the Token Lock option is disabled on a map, I would still like to be able to hold ALT while moving a token to see how far the distance is and at the same time being able to make a multi-move. And I would like to be able to do it as a player as well and then be able to confirm my own move when Token Lock is disabled, for ease of measuring distances and show everyone how I'm moving.
    This is not specific to PF2, it's general to FGU.

Please create your request in the FGU wishlist here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I think I may have found another bug.

After solving the little issue of how to name a class kit for it to be processed automatically on character creation, I found that the automations seem to be processed twice or even three times in a row.

class_kit_processing.png

Also after adding a backpack from the adventurer's kit with the automation for bulk, the automation seems to be applied twice with no apparent reason as you may probably see in the screenshot I provided.

I would like to make a suggestion as well after reviewing all spells. Since in Pathfinder 2 there is no max dice on the formula for spell damage it would be great if I could substrat dice from the formula i.e. 2d6*spell level -1. I found that I need to substract dice from some spells for them to apply the right damage when configured in the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    I found that the automations seem to be processed twice or even three times in a row.
    Thanks for reporting. This has already been identified and is fixed in R18i.

Quote Originally Posted by Zieg View Post
    I would like to make a suggestion as well after reviewing all spells. Since in Pathfinder 2 there is no max dice on the formula for spell damage it would be great if I could substrat dice from the formula i.e. 2d6*spell level -1. I found that I need to substract dice from some spells for them to apply the right damage when configured in the right way.
    For release 19 I'm going to look at redesigning some areas of the spell actions. The data in there currently sometimes doesn't apply easily to heightening spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Thanks for reporting. This has already been identified and is fixed in R18i.

For release 19 I'm going to look at redesigning some areas of the spell actions. The data in there currently sometimes doesn't apply easily to heightening spells.
    Thanks for the info

Thread Information