DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Lighting question Dim light?

Is there an effect coding to just emit dim light? All the codes I have seen seem to be bright. This would be for features like Twilight Sanctuary or Moonbeam, which just do dim light.

You could try setting the RGB color sliders to 0 and play with the alpha slider until you get the opacity you want.

I was hoping there might be a quick like effect like DIMLIGHT: 15 I could add.

The effect you are looking for is:
    LIGHT: 0/15 torch

Would give no bright and 15' dim as shown from the Faerie Fire thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Fire&p=601435
    Last edited by Griogre; May 21st, 2021 at 02:02.

Sweet thank you, I didn't realize you can do that.

A follow up question, is there a way to make dim light override bright light in an area? I was thinking of the Dread Lord level 20 Oathbreaker Paladin feature. It turns bright light to dim.

Blog Entries
    You can try Darkness lights. Don't know if they have a bright/dim value and they are experimental at this time. But otherwise, nothing I can think of.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    The effect you are looking for is:
    LIGHT: 0/15 torch

Would give no bright and 15' dim as shown from the Faerie Fire thread here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Fire&p=601435
    I tried that, but when I applied the effect to a player in the CT, it dropped the zero and there was just bright light out to 15. Am I doing something wrong?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    I tried that, but when I applied the effect to a player in the CT, it dropped the zero and there was just bright light out to 15. Am I doing something wrong?
    Don't think so. In the meantime you could use 1/15.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah, I had a moment and tried it too. It seems like even though there is not any bright light there is still a falloff to dim. The total distance did look to be 15' but there is a noticable difference between LIGHT: 0/15 torch and VISION: 15 darkvision. I saw a bug report were 0/ was not being dragged correctly from a Character sheet effect to the tracker. Maybe that is your problem? I tested using effects directly typed into the combat tracker and the bug report tread said Lighting created in the Effects was working.

Thread Information