5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I can see your point of view, it's just not for me, or many others it seems. I simply stated that I shy away from games with premade characters. Why? Because I feel no connection. I don't play d&d for hack'n'slash, or random games. I want a background, I want cohesiveness, and I want dedicated campaigns. Nym felt the need to ruffle his feathers a bit for some reason, though I fail to see why, but that's fine. That's his personality and I respect his opinion...however wrong it may be :P (An oxymoron, I know. Don't go off on a tangent about how opinions are neither right nor wrong, yada yada..)

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by KainVorador
    I want a background, I want cohesiveness, and I want dedicated campaigns.
    Just curious, you do know what a 'one-shot' is, right?

If not, that might be the source of the misunderstanding here, is all.

And having been around for a little while now I can pretty confidently say that the lack of appearances had a lot more to do with the short-notice and 'last-minute-ness' of it than anything to do with railroading or pregens

Yup. One shot sessions are just that. One session, then it's over. Even still, I shy away from those because it's not a character I made. In 3rd edition, there is so much room for play with characters...that being handed a pre-gen irks me to no end.

Nothing wrong with that, or anyone who likes that. One shot sessions are just fine for people who like that sorta thing. I'm just not one of them, is all.

Quote Originally Posted by KainVorador
    Nothing wrong with that, or anyone who likes that. One shot sessions are just fine for people who like that sorta thing. I'm just not one of them, is all.
    And there was no reason for you to come into the thread just to say that.

Thread Information