STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    But if we dont have an SIMMUNE you dont get any reminders that you have delay poison on you when rolling saves, especially for those spells with the poison (and disease) tags that are not obvious like cloudkill. But I would think this is a matter of taste.

As for duration one day. At the start of the day the GM uses clear expiring effect to clear everything in the combat tracker with a duration (or let 1 day pass with the time manager extension) that is why I want a duration on every spell.
    Yep, fair enough on the duration.
    I've never used the 'Clear expiring effects' option. Didn't even realize it existed. I've always used the 'Short Rest' option to move forward in 5 minute increments to remove things. It's ironic how you can get used to doing something one way and don't even realize their is a better way to do it.
    I'll go through the spells that have 'day' and 'hour' duration's and get them changed to minutes.

I see what you are saying in regards to the SIMMUNE. I think either option requires some level of external bookkeeping from the GM, or more preferably the player who has the spell cast on them, to track the real effects.
    If we don't use SIMMUNE then the GM or player needs to say something when poison effect is cast to indicate to apply the effect that indicates the poison in on the player but not apply the penalties.
    If we do use SIMMUNE that the GM or player needs to either manually apply a reminder effect that the poison is on the player or needs to manually track that outside of FG.

As you said, it's definitely a matter of taste. Personally I find it easier to have FG apply the effects and make adjustment while it is happening (no SIMMUNE option). Rather than not applying anything and hours later, when the Delay Poison wears off, having to go back and identify what poison or poisons should be on the character.
    With that in mind, I'm going to leave this one as it is.

Well, it seems the next great extension integration would be the malady tracker for poison and malady book keeping ^^

Spells like Contagion could take the help from such a thing

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Svandal - As for duration one day. At the start of the day the GM uses clear expiring effect to clear everything in the combat tracker with a duration (or let 1 day pass with the time manager extension) that is why I want a duration on every spell.

Yep, fair enough on the duration.
    I've never used the 'Clear expiring effects' option. Didn't even realize it existed. I've always used the 'Short Rest' option to move forward in 5 minute increments to remove things. It's ironic how you can get used to doing something one way and don't even realize their is a better way to do it.
    I'll go through the spells that have 'day' and 'hour' duration's and get them changed to minutes.
    Actually, after reviewing the spells, I'm back tracking on this one. A majority of the spells that have 'day' duration are actually multiple days (1 day per caster level). So you don't want those wiped out when the GM uses the 'Clear Expiring Effects' option at the start of the day. Same thing applies with hour long spells. If you have a spell that lasts for a large number of hours and you cast it later in the day you don't necessarily want it being automatically wiped out when the GM clear's expiring effects.

Ultimately, I believe there are too many options/variables involved with long duration spells to be able to automate this for all possible situations. So I'm going to leave it using the default FG process of not putting duration on the tracker for long (hour and day) lasting spells and leave it up to the GM and player to determine when those spells should expire.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Actually, after reviewing the spells, I'm back tracking on this one. A majority of the spells that have 'day' duration are actually multiple days (1 day per caster level). So you don't want those wiped out when the GM uses the 'Clear Expiring Effects' option at the start of the day. Same thing applies with hour long spells. If you have a spell that lasts for a large number of hours and you cast it later in the day you don't necessarily want it being automatically wiped out when the GM clear's expiring effects.

Ultimately, I believe there are too many options/variables involved with long duration spells to be able to automate this for all possible situations. So I'm going to leave it using the default FG process of not putting duration on the tracker for long (hour and day) lasting spells and leave it up to the GM and player to determine when those spells should expire.
    For people who want to track spells with long durations, ClockAdjuster does all that pretty well by decrementing effects as time passes and makes hour/day duration spells have a duration (rather than 0).

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    For people who want to track spells with long durations, ClockAdjuster does all that pretty well by decrementing effects as time passes and makes hour/day duration spells have a duration (rather than 0).
    Is that theclockadjuster that makes hours per level spells have duration? I thought it was this module. That is why I was suggesting that the day spell should be changed to a duration because hour spells have 60 min/level duration already in our campaigns.
    I was a bit worried now that it would change back to no duration on hour buffs 😃

Is that theclockadjuster that makes hours per level spells have duration? I thought it was this module. That is why I was suggesting that the day spell should be changed to a duration because hour spells have 60 min/level duration already in our campaigns.
    I was a bit worried now that it would change back to no duration on hour buffs ��
    ClockAdjuster does that, yes. Modules can't change that sort of thing.

It looks like the spell "burning hands" has a small error. It does not have half damage on save on the cast ability.
    It should have half damage on save.

FG Unity just got the "replaces" tag for modules: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...45567/replaces
    I think this will let you remove the non-changed spells from this module and then users can just load both and it will replace the originals with your extended versions.

It looks like the spell "burning hands" has a small error. It does not have half damage on save on the cast ability.
    I noticed this last night as well. Also Fire Bolt is doing untyped damage (should be fire).

Thanks Svandal. I have made that change to my copies of the Spellbook. I'm hoping to release versions of the spellbooks to the forge in the next couple of weeks and will have this fix in those.

Thread Information