DICE PACKS BUNDLE

How to set Ongoing Darkvision for a Token?

I've been experimenting with adding different lighting Effects in the Combat Tracker and making good headway. I'm aware of some of the issues; i.e. having to re-share a map when lighting is switched off and then back on by a player, etc. While I've been able to add Darkvision for a PC's token via the Map Lighting toolbar, I haven't been able to figure out how to add it as an effect to a PC or NPC? It's not there as an option in the Effects menu, so is there some text syntax I can manually enter instead?

If anyone knows how to do this, I'd appreciate knowing how.

[Edit] I saw these v4.1 beta notes form March about the rulesets for which Darkvision would be recognized when it's a sense. So does that mean that as long as a PC or NPC has Darkvision 60 or Darkvision 120 in their Senses entries, they'll have that ability when Darkness is enabled on a map?
    Last edited by kronovan; May 18th, 2021 at 23:31.

Make sure you are not running any extensions; as they may be preventing the vision/lighting effects from applying. (Or at least test in empty campaign to verify for yourself, then figure out which one is blocking.)

For the Senses field, the vision/lighting parsing is looking for: Darkvision #
    For an effect to apply, the format is: VISION: # darkvision

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Make sure you are not running any extensions; as they may be preventing the vision/lighting effects from applying. (Or at least test in empty campaign to verify for yourself, then figure out which one is blocking.)

For the Senses field, the vision/lighting parsing is looking for: Darkvision #
    For an effect to apply, the format is: VISION: # darkvision

Regards,
    JPG
    Excellent stuff, thanks for the reply Moon Wizard.

I've just been doing a new test in a bigger map and the Darkvision 60 does seem to be automatically working correctly, as are the lights for 2 of the PCs, which I have enabled via the CT. Terrific stuff and I'm really looking forward to intro'ing my players to it in a few hours.

Thread Information