DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds - Beta v5.3.0 Release

Savage Worlds Adventure Edition v5.3.0 and Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition 4.11.0 are now available in Test mode.

Test Mode can be accessed by selecting the Settings button from the Fantasy Grounds launch screen, changing Build Channel to Test in the Advanced tab, and then selecting Update button to update the files to the test version.

Key Things
    1) Always backup your campaign data before running the test version
    2) If the GM is running on test then all of the players will also be running on test
    3) If you encounter an issues log them here

Changelog
    [Added] CT combatants can be edited by opening records from shortcut link
    [Added] Edit button added to combat tracker
    [Added] Ungroup button added to combat tracker
    [Added] PC sheet supports animal smarts
    [Added] Built-in in support for Low Light Vision, Night Vision and Darksight visions
    [Added] Vision and light effects can be defined into character item and abilities
    [Added] Modifications fields for item records
    [Added] Modifications fields for all armor types
    [Added] Wild die can be defined for non-wild card character with effects framework
    [Added] PC portrait right click option to whisper
    [Updated] Combat tracker layout updated
    [Updated] Add combatant to combat tracker group by dropping shortcut link into action card icon
    [Updated] Combat tracker performance improvements
    [Updated] NPC wild card status can be toggled with a click
    [Updated] Vehicle's combat tracker wild card status will affects rolls made from the vehicle sheet
    [Updated] Change combat tracker visibility, faction, identified and wild card values for all group member values by holding ALT down
    [Updated] Lightning settings updated to match Savage Worlds rules
    [Updated] Distracted, vulnerable, entangled, bound, stunned and the drop effects can be applied to other combatants from effects list
    [Updated] Non-wild card NPCs can have bennies in combat tracker
    [Fixed] Attacking PC vehicle uses characters's size. Fixed
    [Fixed] Occasional script error when removing combatant. Fixed
    [Fixed] Script error when toggling AFK. Fixed
    [Fixed] Add all PCs to combat tracker does not work. Fixed
    [Fixed] Script error when using light effect presents. Fixed
    [Fixed] NPC numbering started with 2. Fixed
    [Fixed] Combat tracker group removal was flunky. Fixed
    [Fixed] Party sheet bennies field was updated with wrong information. Fixed
    [Removed] Combat tracker group button removed. Groups can be managed with action card and combat tracker edit buttons, see above
    [Removed] Combat tracker groups collapse feature removed for sake of simplicity and consistency
    [Removed] Combat tracker extract from group by drag feature removed. Use combat tracker edit feature to extract combatants, see above
    [Removed] Option "CT: Host controls client CT" removed for sake of simplicity and consistency
    [Removed] Option "CT: Group members inherit leader's values" removed
    Last edited by Ikael; June 4th, 2021 at 21:06.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Thanks for your work Ikael! CT enhancements are nice.

Will 5.3 have support for lighting and vision? For example:

Racial abilities like low light vision will giving the character darkvision automatically without the need to use VISION: darkvision in CT or adding token vision

The ability to put vision and light effects on characters like we can put other effects on them (i.e. a glow worm that has the "glow" ability with LIGHT: 3 FF00C709 so when I drop it on the map it automatically has that light effect)

The ability to put light and vision effects on items (i.e. ring of darkvision, glowing sword) that kick in when equipped

Thanks!

Update

These changes will be soonish available in Test

Changelog
    [Added] Built-in in support for Low Light Vision, Night Vision and Darksight visions
    [Updated] Lightning settings updated to match Savage Worlds rules
    [Fixed] Script error when using light effect presents. Fixed
    [Fixed] Add all PCs to combat tracker does not work. Fixed

Last edited by Ikael; May 19th, 2021 at 21:59.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

As always, thank you for all the hard work Ikael. Looking forward to Full Frontal Lighting (whatever that means, but there you go).

Yes thank you so much for this.

I'm using FGU Ultimate and I can't follow the instruction the OP describes. I have a [Setting] button on the main FGU launcher, but once the dialog (it's actually a tabbed form) displays, I have to click an {Advanced} tab to see anything related to different types of installs. I also don't have a "Mode" setting, but do have a "Build Channel" drop-down box, of which "Test" is one of the menu options. Further to that I do not have an [Update] button on that tab, but do have [Uninstall], [Cancel] and [Save] buttons. On another tab named {Troubleshoot} I have 5 buttons, one that's labeled [Force App Update]. Is that perhaps the "Update" button the OP is referring to and do I need to click it?

Sorry if this seems straight forward to others that are more familiar with this process, but the OP's description just doesn't read like what I observe with my FGU application. I need some clarification on this.
    Last edited by kronovan; May 19th, 2021 at 21:02.

Update

Available soonish in Test mode

Changelog
    [Added] Modifications fields for item records
    [Added] Modifications fields for all armor types

PS: I also updated the first post description how to enable Test mode according.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    Thanks for your work Ikael! CT enhancements are nice.

Will 5.3 have support for lighting and vision? For example:

Racial abilities like low light vision will giving the character darkvision automatically without the need to use VISION: darkvision in CT or adding token vision

The ability to put vision and light effects on characters like we can put other effects on them (i.e. a glow worm that has the "glow" ability with LIGHT: 3 FF00C709 so when I drop it on the map it automatically has that light effect)

The ability to put light and vision effects on items (i.e. ring of darkvision, glowing sword) that kick in when equipped

Thanks!
    test.png

Set it to Test - the save, and Update. Boom!

So playing around with the test version.

1. The new grouping fixes the application of effects from the quickbar to an NPC in the group - thank goodness

2. There is a weird display for some NPCs when they are grouped. See the attached picture at what I circled in red. That is a standard orc. If I do a roll (even from those stats) it rolls the right dice, just the display is wrong. This happens if I add a creature to the CT, then group them. If I drag the link directly from the NPC menu to the Action Card, it groups it and displays the correct stats.
    Attached Images Attached Images

@Ikael

I'm very much looking forward to this update!

btw, shouldn't <distance><diagmult> in gameelements.xml be set to 1 rather than 1.5, since swade measures diagonal distances as 1"? Sorry to be nit picky, but that throws off all the players (and me). They measure distance with the pointers a lot.

Thanks for your awesome work!

Thread Information