5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Can FG support board games such as Advanced Squad Leader?

Greetings,

I am a ardent supporter of Smiteworks and Fantasy Grounds.

I am currently GM'ing a couple if campaigns of Pathfinder 2e.

I also have a life long love for ASL (Advanced Squad Leader).

I have if I counted it up probably 3 to 4 thousand dollars in modules, rare magazines, 3rd party out of print scenario packs.

Love the game, just love it. However its learning curve is perhaps the steepest I know as the rule book is several inches thick.

Can Fantasy grounds support such a game if it wanted to? Its maps are all relatively small hex based ones and well tokens are very simple.

Just curious if this topic and this game has been inquired about before and what the reply was.

Happy Tuesday!
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

I don't think so. It's a pretty complicated game; but you could have a look at MoreCore.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Not well. The biggest issue with FG and Board games is the GM/Player structure. The GM owns everything and players can't really 'control' much.

I believe Vassal Engine already has most/all of the ASL rules and modules. It's pretty old technology and interface, but its free.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I've played Battletech, Sharpe's Practice (converted to more grid base system), Two Hour Wargames, and Gloomhaven using FG. The only set back for me was in double blind situations. Those table top games also that require a more free roam measurement system also loses it's feel. If it can be supported by a square or hex grid were easy to use with the program. It had it's hiccups from time to time, but was still playable.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    I also have a life long love for ASL (Advanced Squad Leader).

I have if I counted it up probably 3 to 4 thousand dollars in modules, rare magazines, 3rd party out of print scenario packs.

Love the game, just love it. However its learning curve is perhaps the steepest I know as the rule book is several inches thick.

Can Fantasy grounds support such a game if it wanted to? Its maps are all relatively small hex based ones and well tokens are very simple.
    I would say your best bet would be using the VASL module that is for the VASSAL Engine that LordEntrails mentioned.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Yeah, Vassal is the bomb for it. Seeing it was developed specifically for SL and ASL back in the day. I used Vassal alot!

Thread Information