5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsuuk View Post
    If anyone knows any other cool trace/debug (other than console printing hehe) commands - feel free!

So I recently learned about Debug.chat() and Debug.console() that can be used instead of print() that gives different information about variables and what is in them. I was constantly getting blank lines for variables that obviously had information in them, but when I switched from print() to Debug.chat() I was able to see what was in them.

The print function purely outputs a string; so it doesn't know anything about the different variable types in Fantasy Grounds Lua. (And it's the oldest debug function from before my time.)
    The Debug.chat and Debug.console functions are designed to accept any number of parameters, and attempt to output some information on every object type passed as a parameter.

Also, Debug.printStack will output the current Lua stack at the time the function is called. Useful for figuring out how a particular script function is getting called.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Also, Debug.printStack will output the current Lua stack at the time the function is called. Useful for figuring out how a particular script function is getting called.

Regards,
    JPG
    OMG is it!
    Learning about this from that offhand comment made such a difference in my being able to speedily figure out code

Thanks for like 3rd or 4th time Trenloe

Thread Information