STAR TREK 2d20

Light for spell effects (5E) - Faerie Fire

Hi, I'm thrilled about the new update and making good use of the new features. I noticed the spells haven't yet been updated to include the new Light effects. Hence I tried adding them myself, I noticed however that the LIGHT effect only has one range and doesn't give you the option to differentiate between Dim and bright light. This is especially important for spells like Faerie Fire where the affected creatures shed 10 ft. of dim light (and nog bright light at all). I could use the map options to creature token lights, but to do this every time faerie fire is cast, is a bit of a hassle. Is there some way to use the effect to do what I want that I'm not seeing? If not, I guess I'll have to hope SW will add it soon

Cheers

"LIGHT: 0/10 torch" will give you an effect with no bright range, and 10 dim range.

Regards,
    JPG

Hmmm, I wonder if a duration be added to that?

I would think you could add a duration to it just like any other effect.

See video twenty here for how to set up your own custom light presets. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    "LIGHT: 0/10 torch" will give you an effect with no bright range, and 10 dim range.

Regards,
    JPG
    Awesome, thanks!

This is cool! I just set up a Will-o'-Wisp with multiple light effects(LIGHT: 5/5 to LIGHT: 20/20 that you can turn on and off in the combat tracker to quickly change an individual Wisp's light setting.

Thread Information