DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Lightning and Vision questions

Hi all !

First : that feature is AMAZING ! And it comes exactly when I need it ! Thanks a lot !

I have a question : is there a way to duplicate a light placed on the map ? It would be great to be able to set up a light, tweak the properties and then use that setting directly (by copying the light in question) instead of having to copy all the properties to the "add light" (that remembers the settings of the last placed light, but not of the last selected light).

And also, for a future release, I think it would be really cool if there were options for more modern/futuristic settings, like a cone-shaped token light (to simulate a flash-light) linked to the facing of the token.

Here's the way I set up consistent lights:

* Open the image data panel
    * Choose the Lights mode in the top toolbar
    * Choose the Add Light tool in the second toolbar
    * Adjust the light settings to what you want
    * Click on the map to place lights with that setting

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Here's the way I set up consistent lights:

* Open the image data panel
    * Choose the Lights mode in the top toolbar
    * Choose the Add Light tool in the second toolbar
    * Adjust the light settings to what you want
    * Click on the map to place lights with that setting

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, that is exactly my problem ! If you want to set multiple lights with the same settings but did not get it exactly the way you want it at first placement, you have to :
    adjust the settings,
    place one,
    Select that light
    Adjust the settings to get it 'right'
    Copy the settings one by one to the add light tool
    Add new lights

I found an other solution, by placing multiple lights, select them all and only then adjust the settings.
    But if you need to add one with the same modified settings, you still have to manually adjust all the settings.

Having a way to copy-paste a light would be easier...

Go in Options, create or change a light setting in the new light menu button, get that setting selected and place it on the map. The setting will be saved and pasted easily on any map you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    Go in Options, create or change a light setting in the new light menu button, get that setting selected and place it on the map. The setting will be saved and pasted easily on any map you need it.
    Still not really what I'm talking about : I still would have to test it on the map, then manually copy the settings in a new light. And my point is not to be able to copy a light from map to map, just copy-paste in the same map to create a consistent light effect in multiple rooms for example.

That's true, I now understand the issue as I have encountered it as well. At least the color code can be copied and pasted in the add light tab.

I agree a copy/paste type of feature would save some time and in general be highly useful. I'll be honest when i first did a map with lighting i had a "seriously there's no more efficient way to do this" moment cross my mind.

Its not hard to place lights but its tedious and time consuming if you have many to place. Copy and pasting lights while retaining the settings would easily improve the chore.

Concerning you idea about modern settings vote here : https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135941

I have to say this concept seems like it should be a thing in by default.

IF we know we may have an object that has many properties to set, and we might also imagine wanting more than one of those on a map/used in that exact same way more than once in a campaign.
    Then a full object with all set properties copy/paste function would seem a basic fundamental feature to have for such a tool as this.
    rather than having to basically make each individual one each time by copy/pasting each individual property one at a time to the duplicate object.

Like a large dining hall with lots of lights, and do we really imagine users to manually make each one indavdaully, rather than configure the one that we copy/paste dozens of times around the room?
    I'd have assumed it did that already really.

Thread Information