DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Color of Grid Lines

I bought myself a copy of CC3 and the DD3 add-on over the weekend and went about learning how to create some maps in that program. Well after finally figuring out how to get them to show up correctly in FG2 I went to apply the grid to it and can't really see the grid lines up against my gray and brown map background. So my question now is can I change the color and possibly even the thickness of the lines created by the grid so that I can see them? I'd like a bright Yellow or even a simple white.

If CC3 will allow you to add your own grid lines, you might try that. I use Dundjinni for my maps, and I add my grid lines there, matching up the grid in FG afterwards.

You can indeed change the colour of the grid in CC3

Go to the layers menu in the top middle/right and unlock the hex/square grid layer.
    Select the Change Properties tool from the left hand toolbars
    Right click on the map, you should get a context menu
    Select layer from the context menu to get layer selection
    Hit Enter to get the layer dialogue
    Select the Hex/Square Grid layer (actually I think you can even unlock it at this stage)
    Select Do It from the right-click menu
    A properties dialogue should now be shown, and colour is one of the options
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

It is not possible to change the color of the grid in FG2, however. If you are planning on using the FG2 grids you should keep the map a light color so they will show up - ie use light grey and light brown as backgrounds. I agree it would be a nice feature in FG to be able to change the grid colors on a per map basis.

As an alternative way of looking at this issue, maybe you don't really need to see the grid lines? After all, the FGII effects tied to the grid will all still work - areas of effect, threatened squares, character movement - and it might be nice not to have the overlaid grid dominating your view of the terrain. In fact, maybe it's better this way?! Yeah, I want to be able to change the grid lines to invisible! ;-)

You could draw grid lines on the CC3 map to the required scale. Make these a colour that'll stand out from the background. Then overlay the FG2 grid on top.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Thread Information