Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Lag problem since new update

Hi, update and loaded a campaign that was working just fine previous to latest update. since the update one map (which I grant you was pretty big) only had the center 75% navigable (a large part of the outsides could be seen but were darkened in colour and tokens could not enter).
    So, I re-imported the map put the LOS back and it then displayed and acted perfectly...except, it now lags horribly! Tokens take quite a while to re-position on move. Any ideas?

Having said that, otherwise, the new lighting/vision update?...Fantastic!

Perhaps you and your players can play with the /image quality command ? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post597199

Tried the image quality command, only replies that it is 2...must be doing something wrong

No lights. If by occluders you mean los points then thousands. but...took them all out for testing purposes and reloaded FGU - no change to lag.
    Testing with 1 token on the map and 4 more in the CT.
    Only other thing I can think may be relevant is that the map was exported from CC3 with 3500*3500 pixels. Other maps the same export setting work fine. Also, as a ping it is less than 4meg.

You have to type for exemple "/imagequality 3" in the chat. You can also type "/vsync 0" for images per second (0 is 60 ips, 1 is your system value, 2 is 75% of it, 3 is 50% of it and 4 is 25%). And for vsync put your graphic card parameters on " let the application choose" or something like that.

Right, still cant get that to work and it doesnt come up in the fgu / command help. No matter though as I recreated the map as pgn 2000*2000 pixels and tried it with that. All my problems seem to have disappeared which is great.

Just one question though...can you import a layer and use it to create occluders? Ihave a png of just the walls of my dungeon for this purpose but cannot get fgu to put it in a paint layer and then create walls from it.

/vsync and /imagequality aren't actually in /? but they work fine anyway. I'm clueless for why it does not work on your side. I'm playing on a similar map, 3200*3651 and 2,32Mo with no problem. I don't think you can create walls outside the first image layer, but I may be wrong.

Ahhh, the problem was that I got some internet help which said the command was imagequality [n] so put the brackets in the command
    You can put walls in any paint layer and get fgu to create a wall layer from them. Trouble is I cannot get an image into a paint layer as fgu automatically puts them in an image layer. Makes sense I suppose but a bit annoying with the complex labyrinth I have foolishly created in CC3!
    Thanks for the imput guys, much appreciated

Can you provide a copy of a basic CoreRPG campaign with your map and the occluders in place showing the lag?

(I ask for a CoreRPG example, because that removes a lot of variables from consideration and allows us to focus on any image control specific issues.)

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information