5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Yea I'm having the same problem in 4E my lighting works fine but the players doesn't..hope they fix it soon!!

I played as GM yesterday and did not have any issues.

Before starting I unshared all maps and I shared again the battlemap to my players.

Everything ran quite smoothly I would say.
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

A bit different from my original post, as the light effects now show sporadic even when I as GM drop them on the players.

I reshared my map last night about 5-10 times over a span of ~2 hours because torch lights would vanish for all players after some time. When I put my map into the background, lights also vanished.
    Might be because my adventure module is buggy. If I find time I try to recreate in an empty campaign.
    Last edited by Zarestia; May 18th, 2021 at 11:25. Reason: word

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    A bit different from my original post, as the light effects now show sporadic even when I as GM drop them on the players.

I reshared my map last night about 5-10 times over a span of ~2 hours because torch lights would vanish for all players after some time. When I put my map into the background, lights also vanished.
    We saw in a game on Sunday that applying/removing effects from a PC with a light effect appeared to stop the lighting on the map - even though the light effect remained. Re-sharing the map would bring the lighting back. I don't know if this is your issue, but might be something to consider when recreating.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can repeat this issue without fail by connecting to my "Light Test" campaign via localhost.

As follows:

1. GM Client: GM creates custom lighting effect. Let's say LIGHT: 5 candle
    2. Player Client: Player adds effect to their character.
    3. Player Client: Effect shows up on character token and is green "ON" in the combat tracker. However lighting does not appear.
    4. GM Client: GM reshares map.
    5: Player Client: Player can now see lighting.
    6. Player Client: Player decides to extinguish Torch (turn it off) on the combat tracker.
    7. Player Client: Torch is now off.
    8. GM Client: Torch immediately turns off.
    9. Player Client: Player decides to light Torch again (turn it on) using the combat tracker. Now set to "ON".
    10: GM Client: GM can now see that torch is on immediately.
    11: Player Client: Torch again does not take effect despite being "ON".
    12: GM Client: GM shares map again.
    13: Player Client: Light is back on again.
    14: Rinse and Repeat.

In essence, turning "OFF" the light source from the Combat Tracker has an immediate effect on both the Player Client and the GM Client. I have seen this type of interaction with other light effects as well. Turning "ON" the light from the Combat Tracker in the Player Client has no effect until the GM again shares the map. I'm assuming this is not the intended behavior.

I have the same issues, however I also found that light turns on when DM or Player clicks on Faction icon in the combat tracker. I'm using 5e ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyler View Post
    I can repeat this issue without fail by connecting to my "Light Test" campaign via localhost.

As follows:

1. GM Client: GM creates custom lighting effect. Let's say LIGHT: 5 candle
    2. Player Client: Player adds effect to their character.
    3. Player Client: Effect shows up on character token and is green "ON" in the combat tracker. However lighting does not appear.
    4. GM Client: GM reshares map.
    5: Player Client: Player can now see lighting.
    6. Player Client: Player decides to extinguish Torch (turn it off) on the combat tracker.
    7. Player Client: Torch is now off.
    8. GM Client: Torch immediately turns off.
    9. Player Client: Player decides to light Torch again (turn it on) using the combat tracker. Now set to "ON".
    10: GM Client: GM can now see that torch is on immediately.
    11: Player Client: Torch again does not take effect despite being "ON".
    12: GM Client: GM shares map again.
    13: Player Client: Light is back on again.
    14: Rinse and Repeat.

In essence, turning "OFF" the light source from the Combat Tracker has an immediate effect on both the Player Client and the GM Client. I have seen this type of interaction with other light effects as well. Turning "ON" the light from the Combat Tracker in the Player Client has no effect until the GM again shares the map. I'm assuming this is not the intended behavior.
    This is exactly the same issue that I am seeing.

Having same issue - resharing fixes it but only temporarily.

Despite this bug, this is a great feature which so very usable, with nice neat interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post

Might be because my adventure module is buggy. If I find time I try to recreate in an empty campaign.
    I was seeing the same issue - drastically increased due to having Auras extension turned on - Paladin auras turning on and off all the time due to movement - it was affecting both people without darkvision (torch effect for lighting). It appeared that making the non-Paladin human the active player in the CT would restore light vision (torches) for both the players - not sure if it worked the other way around (activating the Paladin in the CT).

Will be doing more testing in a different campaign tonight...

Thread Information