FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Program keeps freezing but not for others?

Hello, the problem with the program for me is that it will work perfectly fine for about 10 minutes but then randomly I will try to type in chat or attack something, and my screen will not show that I had typed in chat or attacked. Although the people I'm playing with can see it perfectly fine. It's almost as if the program is completely frozen on my end but seems perfectly normal for the other players. I had already previously deleted the program and reinstalled it twice as well as trying it on a separate device. Any help is appreciated.

Thank You

Are you the GM of the game? Is there a lot of images and tokens in this campaign? In my experience, Fantasy Grounds makes periodic SAVES at regular intervals and the more images you have, the worst the saving time gets.

The workaround is thus: work on your campaign story, NPCs, images, tokens, maps, etc in a different "developing" campaign instance and export it as a module.

Create a clean new playing campaign and load that development campaign module. Fantasy grounds will stop saving so much information because everything will already be in the module so you get MUCH slower freezing time from those periodical saving moments.

Unfortunately no, I am just a player, fairly new to dnd too. There is only 6 tokens and no images are ever shown.

I really have no clue because it just seems to be client sided due to the fact that I am cant see what I typed or done in game but the others can see what I am doing.

also I will try loading less modules that are unneeded thank you

Can you provide your and if possible your GMs' logs right after the crash?
    Have you tried another campaign or another GM?

EDIT:
    How is your internet connection? Anything abnormal (hotspot, hotel, country which could be geoblocked, etc.)?
    Last edited by Zarestia; May 16th, 2021 at 01:44.

The problem is that the program doesn't crash, it only freezes my actions on my end, but on the GMs side I am perfectly fine. I usually just leave the campaign and then join back again. Also no I have no other campaign or GM too try for I am new.

Quote Originally Posted by Coen W View Post
    The problem is that the program doesn't crash, it only freezes my actions on my end, but on the GMs side I am perfectly fine. I usually just leave the campaign and then join back again. Also no I have no other campaign or GM too try for I am new.
    Join my public campaign if you have time. Search for my forum name, no password.
    Stay there for 10min+ and we might see where the issue is.

Can you provide more detail on the situation?

* What hardware are you running the program on? (Laptop/desktop, GPU specs, CPU specs, etc.)
    * Which game system (ruleset)?
    * Which windows do you have open when it freezes?
    * Which modules do you have loaded?
    * Any information on how to recreate?

Depending on the answers, we may need a copy of the campaign folder from the GM, as well as the above information.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Coen W View Post
    One thing to check it to be sure your computer is NOT freezing due to overheating or hardware failure...? Are you running a laptop? Do you have a PC with fans that are not running? Check to be sure you are not overheating and for proper ventilation, as laptops can easily overheat. Computers usually get shoved into a corner with no breathing room, or the fans go out, or the cooler is full of dust. This sounds more like a hardware or computer issue. FGU might be pushing up your CPU and GPU usage more than you are computer is used to in regards to heat and power.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

I am currently running on a Hp desktop computer, and it is actually shoved into a corner I'm not sure why looking back on it. I will move it and see if that helps thank you.

Thread Information