DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: map markers

map markers

Yesterday I posted about how my map markers were extremely faint since the new update. I was told to click on one and they would all pop up. I did this it worked. However it only works for me as the GM, it doesn't work for the players so they cannot see my map markers. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem and what the solution is to fix it
    Last edited by Jaggs57; May 15th, 2021 at 23:50.

I have the same issue. Any token added to the map from assets with drag and drop and that is not selected is seen as with almost only 50% of its canal alpha showed. The expected behavior would be for the token to be seen at 100%. Maybe there could be a slider to manually adjust this in options.

Blog Entries
    Map markers? What are those? You mean link pins? Players can only see pins if they are shared. But I don't think that's what you are asking. Perhaps some screen shots or link to the previous discussion so we can better understand.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

His other post is found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...see-map-labels

He uses numerical tokens taken from the asset folder and drag and drop them directly on the map to use as markers.

Have you tried to set those tokens up in the stamp tool and stamp them to the map on a GM only visable layer?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I haven't done that because I want the players to be able to see the tokens

Players will see them if you make the layer visible. But they won't be able to interact with them. If you want players to be able to interact with something on a map then create a story entry and pin that to the map and then share the pin and story entry with them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I haven't done that because I want the players to be able to see the tokens
    And you wanted to reveal the tokens one at a time instead of all at once right? If not you can just put the layer to visible to players. If you want to reveal the tokens one at a time: create one layer per token, name the layer the same number as the marker and make it visible to players only when need be. Use the Token Stamp technique described above and everything will work as before.

But what if I want to use a token that is the representation of the party in the Overland map and that the players can move around (with token lock so I can accept their moves). One would prefer this token to be 100% visible all the time and not part of the combat tracker to avoid cluttering it.

So I repeat, the intended visibility behavior of tokens taken from the asset folder and put directly on the map changed. Is it possible to make it an option somewhere to modify its opacity when not selected?

Maybe when party vision is on?

Thank you ^^
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 16th, 2021 at 15:10. Reason: typo & suggestion

Thread Information