Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Player seeing light thru closed door.

Player has not light source, room has a fireplace up a corridor casting light, which should only be seen when the door is open.

At first I thought the LOS was not complete, so I went over it and double the walls. Still getting this;

light1.png

light2.png

Can you please provide the campaign folder zipped up, as well as which map and token is affected?

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you please provide the campaign folder zipped up, as well as which map and token is affected?

Thanks,
    JPG
    Made a ticket - SUPPORT-11867

All PC tokens are affected, I used 7 PCs on the CT - all of them can see the light from the fireplace.

Hello,

Thanks for providing your campaign files. I can't see what was causing the issue with the original door. But after deleting the door and remaking it, everything seems to be working fine. I'm not sure if you used the square tool or the line tool, but I always use the square tool to make doors.

Here is a video of the map you shared with me. https://youtu.be/2QMiUP05pN0

Cool thanks. I think I used the line tool.

EDIT: No, I used the square tool.

I think I am seeing a similar issue. I just tested the lighting out, added a bunch of torches to a dark dungeon. The player can see all the torches, even when they are not within line of sight.

Here's a screenshot: 188292804_306742910938222_6661298168742236753_n.png

The map uses walls and square doors. I don't think it has to do with doors.

Quote Originally Posted by seansps View Post
    I think I am seeing a similar issue. I just tested the lighting out, added a bunch of torches to a dark dungeon. The player can see all the torches, even when they are not within line of sight.

Here's a screenshot: 188292804_306742910938222_6661298168742236753_n.png

The map uses walls and square doors. I don't think it has to do with doors.
    Have you got the player token selected. Because if you haven't then you should see the lights. If you have and can see them then that is a bug.

Oh yes I should clarify - I was testing it with one of my players just now prior to our session tomorrow.

That screenshot was from his machine.

I guess in the meantime I can turn off the lights before they get there, then turn them on.

Correct me if I'm wrong but imo the problem is caused by the double walls of your rooms. You have to draw a single line for a wall, not squares (it is the case for doors and windows but not for walls).msedge_kiIxtmRDwS.png
    Last edited by Egheal; May 18th, 2021 at 17:42.

Thread Information