DICE PACKS BUNDLE

FGU flickering after last update of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER

Last version I had was driver of July 2020 but it started to crash and restart PC.

So I just installed the newest version of the driver of the Nvidia Geforce GTX 1550 SUPER, that is v. 466.27.

fact is that New release of FGU 4.1 is now flickering, it seems there are issues on refreshing or I don't know what. But is really annoying.

Flickering every 15 seconds is not nice.

I cannot go back to the old driver as it was crashing.

Now I play with flicker.

Maybe in the future will become more stable.

Do other people experienced flickering?
    Neuronblaster GM on warhorn.net

I have monitor Rog Strix XG 248Q setup at 1920x1080 and refresh 240Hz

Should I maybe lower refresh rate?

Seems strange to me

I think I solved, I instructed Nvidia to make the application decide about refresh rate. seems better now, I will report if I still have issues.

Thanks for letting everyone know the solution.

What happens if you leave the NVidia setting at default value and use /vsync 1 chat command in FG?
    /vsync 1 makes FG's refresh rate match your system refresh rate (rather than the 60 it natively uses).

Your solution is good (possibly better) also, as the /vsync command doesn't save between FG launches (afaik).

EDIT: was wrong about /vsync persisting between sessions and what the default state is (it's 1 as mentioned by Zarestia)
    Last edited by bmos; May 17th, 2021 at 16:09.

I will not touch anything now again, as it runs incredibly well, no flickering anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    What happens if you leave the NVidia setting at default value and use /vsync 1 chat command in FG?
    /vsync 1 makes FG's refresh rate match your system refresh rate (rather than the 60 it natively uses).

Your solution is good (possibly better) also, as the /vsync command doesn't save between FG launches (afaik).
    Just for clarification:
    /vsync saves. The default is 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post

Moon has mentioned previously that video drivers could override FGU settings.

So for example, if you set /vsync 3, and your video driver is overriding the application setting, it won't make any difference. This is because the video driver is ignoring what the application is telling the GPU to run at and going with what it thinks is best, which is not always the best for the user experience.

If you are using the /vsync command, it is best to make sure your video driver is not set to override the application settings.

I basically downloaded the updated driver of the video card, downloaded the NVIDIA manager and then I followed instructions I found in this forum of some past conversation about FG Classic. It worked also for FG Unity.

If you're running the GPU at full refresh rate then you may experience high GPU load. Keep an eye on this and see if FGU slows down with high GPU load - then you may need to try different settings to get a compromise between visual quality (i.e. no/acceptable flicker) and GPU load.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information