5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I was still seeing this issue on one map, but I discovered that the "Global Mask" had gotten enabled for that map. Once I disabled global mask, the issue was resolved. Hope this helps someone...
    Last edited by Gaddiel; June 3rd, 2021 at 14:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddiel View Post
    I'm still seeing this issue on the Wave Echo Cave map for the LMoP bundle. LOS and lighting are both turned on for that map. Works fine on other maps in the bundle. Anyone else seeing this issue?
    Try a right click -> revert changes in the Images sidebar for that particualar map. The map then gets reset to its original.

Not for me it hasn't. Unless this patch happened since 7:15 PM EST... specifically what we're seeing is that it does reveal the area, but then the players can't move their tokens into the revealed area. I was able to work around it by deleting the token from the map, then re-adding them from the combat tracker, but it's not pretty. Also the monsters can't cross those boundaries either
    Last edited by blackclove; June 4th, 2021 at 02:43.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackclove View Post
    Not for me it hasn't. Unless this patch happened since 7:15 PM EST... specifically what we're seeing is that it does reveal the area, but then the players can't move their tokens into the revealed area. I was able to work around it by deleting the token from the map, then re-adding them from the combat tracker, but it's not pretty. Also the monsters can't cross those boundaries either
    Players can not move through walls or other blocking LOS types. The GM can do so only when holding Shift.

Please show screen shots of the map with LOS elements and tokens shown and we can better help.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm not using any "walls" and have LOS grayed out in the interface. (Turning it on so it is black changes nothing in the image, by the way.)

The tokens in this image cannot move down the stairs. If I remove them from the map, I can drop them into a recently-revealed region and they can move within that region, but there seem to be invisible walls between the regions that get unmasked.

If I remove the entire global mask and then re-enable it, and then I remove the parts of the mask to create a visible region before a token moves, it is fine. As soon as someone moves, though, any new areas that I reveal will become visible to the players, but they can't actually move into the new area. The tokens seem to hit a wall. I can move them with the shift key, but players can't. FG Walls Issue.PNG

Quick update - Fionavar's solution above works to fix the movement issue. LOS needs to be set on "black" not "gray" and they can now move through the edges of the invisible barriers.
    Last edited by blackclove; June 4th, 2021 at 16:00.

I was able to recreate this (and ran into a couple other minor issues with masking), in a new 5e campaign with no extensions:
    1. Load FG Battle Maps module and open BattleMap01
    2. Disable both Line-of-sight and Lighting
    3. Add Global Mask
    4. Create a PC and add to CT, then drag PC from CT to BattleMap01
    5. Unmask area containing the PC from the Mask tab of the image editing panel and then switch back to Play tab - PC can not move into masked area: Capture1.JPG
    6. Unmask additional area connected to existing unmasked area: Capture2.JPG
    7. PC token cannot move into the newly unmasked area: Capture3.JPG

Workaround: Toggle either Line-of-sight or Lighting on/off and the token is able to move into newly unmasked areas. This has to be done each time when a new area is unmasked (or leave Line-of-sight enabled).

Note: Reverting the map record leaves the Global Mask set. Continuing from above steps:
    1. Lock the map (to close the editing sidebar)
    2. Revert the map (Images > BattleMap01 > Revert Changes)
    3. Note that Line-of-sight and Lighting are both still disabled, however the Global Mask is still set on the map after reverting: Capture4.JPG
    4. Drag PC from CT back to BattleMap01
    5. Unmask area containing the PC - PC can now move into masked areas
    6. Unmask additional area connected to existing unmasked area - PC token can move into newly unmasked area

After the revert I also saw an issue removing the Global Mask:
    1. Open BattleMap03, unlock to enable image editing
    2. Disable both Line-of-sight and Lighting
    3. Add Global Mask
    4. Lock image editing
    5. Revert Changes to BattleMap03
    6. Line-of-sight and Lighting are still disabled
    7. Global Mask is still added. Clicking "Remove Global Mask" has no effect.
    8. Click out of the image (e.g. on FG desktop, another window, etc)
    9. Re-select the image window to regain focus. Now Remove Global Mask works.

Note: The Global Mask persisting across image reverts only seems to happen the first time for an image record, so it may require switching to new images. The pattern seems to be:
    1. Open Image > Unlock > Disable Line-of-sight, disable Lighting, Add Global Mask > Lock Image
    2. Revert Image - Global Mask remains
    3. Image > Unlock > Remove Global Mask (may need to switch window focus) > Add Global Mask > Lock Image
    4. Revert Image - Global Mask is removed
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I've passed along the issues to our developer.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information