DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

NPC/Monster Darkvision

Not a bug, but as I added monsters to my campaign I noticed that all (most of, at least the ones I used and checked) the monsters that have darkvision in their statblock won't automatically assume darkvision on the map. It seems the monsters all have "darkvision## ft." without a space between darkvision and the number. Once I went in and edited the monsters with a space they showed having it with los ... SO, I think someone needs to edit the MM entries with spaces because the only way to edit a monster is to create a copy or edit it directly from the CT after you drop them in, or manually give the token darkvision.

Thought I would give y'all a heads up on that.

Badger1017

Oh, also, I don't know if this is a bug or I'm just not doing something right. Even with darkvision on the PC sheet or adding the effect VISION: 60 darkvision on the CT I still have to manually add token vision to each individual PC token when they are put on the map. Is this a bug or something that will be addressed later on?
    Last edited by delgondahntelius; May 14th, 2021 at 23:22.

Which modules specifically had this issue?

Thanks,
    JPG

I checked the 5E Monster Manual; and it looked like it had spaces between darkvision and the distance which is required by the logic that parses the vision from the special qualities.

Regards,
    JPG

Interesting.. The campaign I was working on was Princes of the Apocalypse ...

As for the file size, I don't see a MonsterManual in the modules folder, I didn't think they kept the core rules in modules anymore, but the size of the dat file in the vault for the MMDeluxe is 85536 kb ... I'm guessing somehow that isn't going to be the updated file size from everyone's response... ?

Badger1017

Can you name a couple of the creatures where you see this issue, so I can compare to my version?

JPG

Duergar, Dao, Shadow Demon, any of the creatures that are on the first level of the underground earth temple I think there was an Ettin, some Ogres as well and hobgoblins. I had to go in and edit each creature.

Also, the PC's still aren't automatically loading up darkvision, I still have to manually do it from the map using the token view option. I even removed them all and put them back on the CT making sure they had darkvision on their sheets. Nor does the effect work.

Update: I went ahead and started a new campaign with not extensions, with both the current campaigns loaded and everything seems to be working fine. The duergar's loaded onto the map with darkvision straight from the campaign and I used one directly from the NPC window form the MM and it loaded fine with darkvision ... Same goes with the couple of PC's I loaded up as well. I guess this was all for nothing, sorry to waste your time on this.

I suspect that because both of these campaigns were transferred over from classic as both game have been going on for over a year now that it might have something to do with it. I don't see an extension messing with the way darkvision has no spaces on every creature. An extension might have something to do with darkvision not loading on the PC's though, but that is going to take some time to track down. It may be one of MN character sheet tweaks since it effects the layout of the PC sheet... so I'll start there.

Thanks again
    Badger1017

I'm not seeing this either in the NPCs in the PoTA module or in the Monster Manual. All of the NPCs I checked for the level you mentioned have a space before the range of their vision. Can you test in a new campaign without extensions and see if the problem persists?

I did find an issue with the latest version of the MM that I submitted the other day in that it doesn't have any images or tokens - but that shouldn't matter for this. I've submitted new files today and hopefully the MM will get hotfixed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    In your old campaign, you can try closing and reopening the Princes module. If that doesn’t work, you can right click on it in your modules window and choose Revert. Just be aware that this will undo any custom changes you made to anything from the module.

Thread Information