5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Ctrl-Z (undo last action) no longer working

Seems with this latest patch, Ctrl-z no longer works, at least when mapping out LoS rules. Used to be if I made a mistake, I could undo. Now I have to switch to select and delete.

Sorry, as QA I should know better lol:

Setting :5e
    Current patch as of 8:00pm cst
    Existing Campaign.
    Easily reproducible, on multiple images.
    Steps to reproduce:
    1- Open LoS mapping.
    2- Select wall and Line tool
    3- Create a wall.
    4- Hit Ctrl-Z

Expected action - The last link you created should be deleted.
    Current action - Nothing

Last worked on previous version before the newest large update.
    Last edited by Makabriel; May 14th, 2021 at 02:12.

It's noted in the patch notes that this was disabled (for now). They had some trouble with it and lighting and some other stuff in test, so chose to disable it and release lighting first (probably due to high demand!).

All undo behaviors for images have been disabled for now. The behavior of undo was sporadic, and we had several people lose work from undo performing unexpectedly and unevenly. In the grand scheme of things, we decided that getting the main lighting release out (which was already later than we planned) was more important than further delays to rewrite all the image undo behaviors.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you both! I'll take a look at the full patch notes when I find them

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    All undo behaviors for images have been disabled for now. The behavior of undo was sporadic, and we had several people lose work from undo performing unexpectedly and unevenly. In the grand scheme of things, we decided that getting the main lighting release out (which was already later than we planned) was more important than further delays to rewrite all the image undo behaviors.

Regards,
    JPG
    JPG~

Please consider bringing this feature back, this is NOT usually a FG issue, this is usually a user error.
    If the devs or users are losing their work, it is likely that they are impatient and continuously pressing CTRL+Z because the changes or edits don't usually show right away, and it can take a couple seconds for the changes to appear or take place.
    Please turn this feature back on and inform users to be patient and to not hit CTRL+Z multiple times and then unfortunately ERASE all of their work.

Laerun
    Last edited by Laerun; May 15th, 2021 at 00:40.
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    JPG~

Please consider bringing this feature back, this is NOT usually a FG issue, this is usually a user error.
    If the devs or users are losing their work, it is likely that they are impatient and continuously pressing CTRL+Z because the changes or edits don't usually show right away, and it can take a couple seconds for the changes to appear or take place.
    Please turn this feature back on and inform users to be patient and to not hit CTRL+Z multiple times and then unfortunately ERASE all of their work.

Laerun
    Seconded. Drawing LOS occluders just became much more of a pain due to the loss of undo.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerun View Post
    JPG~

Laerun
    It will be back, they just wanted 4.1 lighting done first.

I hope bringing it back is high priority, especially since there are no confirmation dialogues for actions that can be utterly devastating without an undo function. Twice now I've accidentally hit the wrong trash can and deleted an entire layer—and all the work I did on it over the last hour—instead of the light I meant to delete. Having this back would be a big preesh.
    Last edited by ArcaneTheWoof; May 31st, 2021 at 11:27.

My mouse double clicked and I deleted a layer I've been working for the past hour D:

Thread Information