STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    I think that is it. It started off just trying to see how lighting and vision worked. I assumed the senses line worked as it does in 5e, so when it didn’t I did some testing. Hence finding out about having to use distance in the effect line.

With PF2, does low-light vision need coding? I’m just trying to understand how it works. If a torch gives off 20ft bright and then 20 dim, how would a character see it all as bright light with low-light vision?

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I think that is it. It started off just trying to see how lighting and vision worked. I assumed the senses line worked as it does in 5e, so when it didn’t I did some testing. Hence finding out about having to use distance in the effect line.
    The v4.1 release caught me on the hop and the senses field sync hasn't been implemented in live. There's also the issue with requiring the distance to be worked out.

Nothing has been done for low-light vision currently.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I agree with the above, putting darkvision or darkvision XX in the senses section does nothing, I had to create an effect and place it in the CT

Thanks Trenloe. My campaign starts tomorrow, so just making sure I know what to expect. Have been adding in lights and ambient lighting to the first map ahead of the session.

I got the hang of cutting holes in the mask to mimic holes in the roof of the building, that seems to work OK.

Thanks Trenloe. My campaign starts tomorrow, so just making sure I know what to expect. Have been adding in lights and ambient lighting to the first map ahead of the session.

I got the hang of cutting holes in the mask to mimic holes in the roof of the building, that seems to work OK.
    Great! Are you running a set module or doing it yourself?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Great! Are you running a set module or doing it yourself?
    Set Module. The Abomination Vaults. As they explore the building, and the time of day changes, the colours in the rooms with holes also change.

Set Module. The Abomination Vaults. As they explore the building, and the time of day changes, the colours in the rooms with holes also change.
    Very cool! Hope you and your players have a great time exploring.

The requirement to enter a number to see other tokens is a bug (i.e. VISION: 1000 darkvision); and I've filed to take a look at. Might be best that PF2 vision isn't automatic right now; since it would be a bit broken anyway.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm also struggling to get vision effects on my tokens. Addition vision to the CT via Effects does not work. Only adding Token light via the Light menu on the map works for me.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Addition vision to the CT via Effects does not work.
    What effects did you try?

Thread Information