DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

4.1 Vision / Lighting

Praised be! The new golden age has dawned!

In all seriousness though, there is one small problem I've encountered:

When you have a darkvision range applied (either as an effect, or passively in the senses field) I cannot seem to find a way to limit the field of view (for example, in a sandstorm or blizzard) to a certain distance without altering each creatures existing senses. It would be great if there was a way to apply an effect (VISION: 30) to a token, accounting for this. Perhaps a modifier to the VISION effect similar to presets like "darkvision" or "blindsight", something like "obscurement" and have it prioritise that vision effects range for all other vision effects / senses.

Perhaps there is already a way to do this, that i'm not aware of...?

Either way that's my only gripe; hats off to the devs and all the testers who made the update possible.
    Last edited by Fingersome; May 13th, 2021 at 23:42.

I don't think there is currently a way to do this besides altering the ranges in the vision fields.

Some ideas:
    - Pump up the FX slider so they can barely see anyhting.
    - Maybe play scenes like this with theatre of mind? Works better for some folks.

Darkness is currently experimental only and might not really be what you want to accomplish.

There is the ability to limit the range of "standard" vision using an effect. ("VISION: #") (Please note no textual modifiers after number.) However, this will not apply to special vision types.

So, there is not really support for a general purpose vision reduction (especially since it would get technically more difficult since some senses would bypass; i.e. blindsight and truesight would bypass concealment.)

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    There is the ability to limit the range of "standard" vision using an effect. ("VISION: #") (Please note no textual modifiers after number.) However, this will not apply to special vision types.

So, there is not really support for a general purpose vision reduction (especially since it would get technically more difficult since some senses would bypass; i.e. blindsight and truesight would bypass concealment.)

Regards,
    JPG
    A question about that, would it be easy to implement this as the darkness with a bright and dim?
    now it does not seem to be any difference between the bright and dim darkness light.
    Can we have a darkness light that: Inside the "bright" darkness it limits sight to 0 feet. And inside the darkness "dim" light it will limit vision to x amount where we can specifiy x?

The code is already way more complex than we would like; and is one of the reasons why it took so long to get the lighting feature out. I wouldn't want to try to inject something as complex as this, especially with a limited use case and the likelihood that it would increase complexity and issues on the main lighting code.

Regards,
    JPG

The code is already way more complex than we would like; and is one of the reasons why it took so long to get the lighting feature out. I wouldn't want to try to inject something as complex as this, especially with a limited use case and the likelihood that it would increase complexity and issues on the main lighting code.

Regards,
    JPG
    Would it be possible to create an effect that would limit max vision range to a certain value? I.e. "Vision: 0 max" would prevent all vision, and "Vision: 10 max" would set all senses to range 10? I feel like having blinded conditions and limited vision due to fog or blizzard conditions would cover a lot of use cases without really requiring "new" vision interactions?

You can add to the wish list. For now, we already have a dozen items or so we're tracking just to get the existing version to what we want.

Regards,
    JPG

You can add to the wish list. For now, we already have a dozen items or so we're tracking just to get the existing version to what we want.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, I was mainly asking if it exists; if it's not functionality that's already there I say add it to the pile for later.

If a character has darkvision 60 in their senses but you apply a manual effect in the tracker VISION: 30 darkvision, does the tracker take precedence?

No, they both get applied.

JPG

Thread Information