FG Spreadshirt Swag

Question about Coloured Lights

Don't know if this belongs here or in The Tavern.

I have a room that is lit with sputtering torches, no problem, I add torches and increase the flicker rate.
    This room has a glass cylinder with a swirling green gas in it, no problem, I add a green light with the radius of the cylinder.

The problem is when one of the torches or even a pc token with a light goes near the cylinder, the green light washes away.
    How do I make the green light dominant?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

You can't basically. Light sources carried by players will wash out coloured lights. Unless those lights are very dim.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I observed that placing two colored torches of the same color next to each other will wash out each other.
    That is quite unfortunate since, in two rooms where there are orange braseros lighting the area, when the door is closed, it gives a very nice orange feel. But, the moment I open the door linking those two rooms, there is a color washed-out trail that breaks the mood

From the wiki
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

The thing is, two bright light of the same color shouldn't change their color to white by default when they connect ^^
    door closed.jpg
    door open.jpg
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 13th, 2021 at 21:46. Reason: Added Images

For default torches (whiteish) you could set the alpha a bit lower so you rather get a lighten up instead of an overwriting effect.

I can't replicate your issue with the orange lights and the door. When I place two colored lights with the exact same hexcode next to each other I only get those colors.
    Dim + dim = bright is the only thing I can see, which is afaik by design. Overlapping the two bright circles doesn't change the color.

EDIT: nvm my 2nd & 3rd sentence, I forgot to enable preview player view.
    Last edited by Zarestia; May 13th, 2021 at 22:08. Reason: grammar

Thread Information