DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Having an issue with tokens in the new version.

Okay, I am not very good at explaining things so first I'll state my issue, then the steps I took to encounter it.

My players cannot see OTHER tokens when they are not on the map that the token is on.

The steps:

Player tokens are on Map A

"Party" token is on Map B, Party token is just a token grabbed from the assets button/token tab. (It's just a token, no character sheet or NPC sheet.)

Players, who tokens are on Map A, cannot see the "Party" token on Map B.

I have disabled lighting and line of sight and also set the token to be always visible. They can see the map (The whole map, like they should) but cannot see any tokens on the map.
    Last edited by xTheCanadian; May 14th, 2021 at 00:25.

Also having an issue where, when I disable the lighting/los stuff and enable masking I cannot reveal the map to the players using the reveal area tool. It draws a blue line where I drew to reveal but does not reveal the area.

Steps to recreate:

Open map
    Turn off Lighting and Line of Sight
    Turn on Global Mask
    Click Reveal Area and draw a box
    Expect area to be revealed
    Area is not revealed

EDIT: Turning on lighting made things visible.

Blog Entries
    First issue appears to be as intended, at least as I understand expected behavior and your description.

Since no CT PC tokens are on Map B, then there is no vision to be calculated for the party (assuming lighting is turned on/used for that map. You might be able to get what you want by right clicking on the party token on Map B and "Add to Party Vision". Not positive though as I've only used lighting/vision a tiny bit.

For the second issue, is the map in Play mode?

If still stuck, it would probably help if you posted screen shots.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah buddy, that's why at the bottom of the post I wrote that I disabled line of sight and lighting.

Yes, the map is in play mode.

@xTheCanadian,

Does it work like you expect if Line-of-Sight toggle is turned on?

Thanks,
    JPG

In my testing, I found that if you add an owned token (or an unowned token with party vision), and you turn on the line-of-sight option; then I see what I expect. Does that work for you?

I just want to make sure whether that is a workaround for the moment while we investigate.

Regards,
    JPG

For which issue?

https://imgur.com/a/GMv6Lki

This is interesting, moving at a diagonal measures different. Has nothing to do with any of my problems, I don't think though.

Quote Originally Posted by xTheCanadian View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/GMv6Lki

This is interesting, moving at a diagonal measures different. Has nothing to do with any of my problems, I don't think though.
    a2 + b2 = c2

If it's a 5x5 square c is approx 7.07.

Basically, every other square if you're moving in a diagonal fashion is considered a 10ft to make up for it. Or got to hexes and it evens out a little better.
    Last edited by wurgy; May 14th, 2021 at 03:40.

So the reason that measuring the circle diagonally is because of the squares making the circle and messing up the math?

Does it measure correctly when you're drawing a circle with the circle measure tool? Either way, doesn't matter, I don't mind my players gaining a couple extra feet... after all... if the players can do it so can the enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyKwyAWJZcI

Thread Information