DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Actual AOE Spell Templates

Would it be possible for FG to show the actual area of a spell rather than the generic shape? Like:

area_of_effect_templates.png

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Would it be possible for FG to show the actual area of a spell rather than the generic shape? Like:

area_of_effect_templates.png
    That would have to be done more in the base application code.

By-the-way, that graphic isn't 100% correct - refer to page 456 of the Core Rules. The point of original of the orthogonal cones is incorrect, and the third 30 foot line is incorrect; maybe some others as well - but I haven't looked in detail.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The real problem is that every game system has different rules for what valid "shapes" are for area-of-effects; and it varies wildly based on angle. The client supports the basic shapes (square, circle, cone, line). Any application of game system specific determination will still need to be adjudicated between GM and player.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The real problem is that every game system has different rules for what valid "shapes" are for area-of-effects; and it varies wildly based on angle. The client supports the basic shapes (square, circle, cone, line). Any application of game system specific determination will still need to be adjudicated between GM and player.

Regards,
    JPG
    Appreciate the response! After seeing this work in Foundry I would have liked to see an implementation in FG, but I get how it could be difficult to support in many different game systems as they each seem to use different methodologies to measure AOE's.

If you're talking about the gridded underlays, it's on our list to do eventually. It looks like the basic Foundry underlays just does a center-point determination of whether point square inside or out of "area"; not something game specific.

Regards,
    JPG

I use images that I add to the map as a tile as needed. Not ideal, but really good specially for lingering effects like black tentacles or darkness.
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you're talking about the gridded underlays, it's on our list to do eventually. It looks like the basic Foundry underlays just does a center-point determination of whether point square inside or out of "area"; not something game specific.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, this is what I was talking about. Good to hear it is on the table! It would be very useful, thanks!

Thread Information