STAR TREK 2d20

Thread: MoreData tab

MoreData tab

I just started adding spells and getting to the second tab.

I see how very neatly there are some boxes for Images, Notes, Story, etc for specific types. Then some like Data for "anything" (didn't look specifically, but seemed to accept everything I did)

I think I can see how people can use each of these, I am just uncertain how most would use "Story"?
    How do you use it? Is it for GMs to attach story text/convo to "PCs" they great? Do players have a way to use this? Like if I GM links something they can drag to it?
    I want to rearrange some things but want to get advice on how folks use it as is now.

I mainly only play and have never played using an MC ruleset yet.

Blog Entries
    If a GM shares a story entry that the player wants to keep they drag the link to this frame and they can always find it. I think that story and notes both work in that field... or maybe not - I cant remember.

Yeah, that’s why I wondered how people use it (as well as not knowing how one shares stories) - I can see a good use for that on a DM too. Like stories could have common pronouncements from an NPC attached to the npc and there could be shop entries for a storekeeper. Tables to roll on etc in theory. Not sure how practical or likely but the idea of a story entry in sheet really interested me.

You share a story just like you share anything else.
    • Right-click on the story and choose sharing. This will open the story on all the players' screens too as it does a map
    • Drag & drop the story icon to a single player's portrait. This shares with only those players you drop it on.
    • Drag & drop the story icon on the chat window. This creates a link in the chat that the players can click on, drag, etc.

In any of these scenarios, the player can drag & drop the story's link icon to their sheet. It should also show up in their own story library window as a shared item.

The NPC notes tab works just like a story, so it will take any FG formatted text as well as links to maps, story entries, other NPCs, etc.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Awesome

Blog Entries
    I like more investigative games and I find that players (myself included when Im playing) dont always track and record all their clues when they find them.
    Giving them more options to make it easier to record ANYTHING is the why behind MoreData.
    Same with Player Agency extension.

Thread Information