FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    Thanks for narrowing down to the 2 extensions. It is odd that there's an incompatibility as I'm actually calling the existing applyDamage() event. I'll have to open Kel's and see what's going on with his. As for saves for effects that should also be easy enough, it'll just be getting the UI to work again I think.
    Just some tips then. Is it possible to link the save to a spell when rolling?
    Just asking because Kelrugem has the full overlay extension where he has implemented tags for poison, sleep, illusion, evocation etc. That way it is possible to automate dwarven save vs poison and spell, spellike abilities. I am guessing there would be better compatabilities with other extensions with linked rolls.

And to complete my post, a link to Save vs tags part of full overlay extension to clarify what I am talking about.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-s-extensions

Technically the extension supports any arbitrary string for effects just like the base game does. I don't do anything to manipulate how effects are processed once they're on a target so anything supported by the base ruleset and any extensions you have should be supported. You can reference this for all the base supported 3.5E/PFRPG effects: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...d+3.5E+Effects
    ah, so just any of the 3.5 effects, wicked, that's all I wanted to know!

but more importantly how does this differ at all from adavance effects?
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; May 17th, 2021 at 09:16.

FYI line 69: in strings_weapon_effects.xml has the same typo that the rmimilne's extension had

bane for name

just wondering, because it shares a lot of similar functions as the Advanced Effects extension, is this also incompatible with FullOverlay? or not?
    Last edited by Zygmunt Molotch; May 12th, 2021 at 18:22.

There was an incompatibility between my first release and FullOverlay but that should be solved now.

And yea I reused a bunch of UI from Advanced Effects since it helped me get to the functionality quickly. Also the Advanced Effects UI is very good at easing people into the effects system.
    I'm going to be evolving the UI though based on some of the ideas people had here for on crit effects and saves for effects.

Nice work!

Any plans to integrate the on-hit effect to NPC's?
    I can't wait to see those confused/bleeding/Negative Levels effects being given automatically to the PC's ^^

I'd like to get on hit effects on NPCs, especially because it'll make GM lives easier. It will probably take me awhile though as NPCs tend to be trickier to work with than player characters in my experience.

I've released a 0.2.0 version to both Github and Nexus which cleans up the UI and adds the ability to make effects be applied on criticals only.

I've released a 0.2.0 version to both Github and Nexus which cleans up the UI and adds the ability to make effects be applied on criticals only.
    The critical part works thanks!

Was playing with the heal effect. Then played with label effect. I did not see the label applied. Is it possible to apply the effect to Self or to an NPC? Thanks!
    Last edited by dellanx; May 13th, 2021 at 03:35.

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

The label effects don't currently work, its in my backlog to get to. Having effects apply to the wielder on hit should be feasible. I'm not sure the feasibility of applying an effect to someone that isn't the performing the attack, or being hit by it though.

I've got a new release with the ability to have a save before the effect is applied. Currently its a binary apply/don't apply. It also integrates with Kel's FullOverlay with support for tags to save against.
    Nexus
    Github

Thread Information