DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

PFRPG / 3.5E Encumbrance Extension

This extension enhances functionality related to carrying capacity, weight/armor encumbrance penalties, speed bonuses and penalties, and armor training.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    Download
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports).
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2021 at 22:39.

I am glad to tell you that after my tests, this extension works flawlessly!
    No Error noted and everything does what it is supposed to do!
    I want to say a huge thank you for this. It will be most helpful!

This is awesome.

The ONLY thing missing is negating Fast Movement from barbarians/bloodragers when they are carrying a heavy load. ^^
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 8th, 2021 at 14:50. Reason: Added Fast Movement recognition suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    The ONLY thing missing is negating Fast Movement from barbarians/bloodragers when they are carrying a heavy load. ^^
    thanks for the suggestion!

UNRELATED EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Encumbrance Penalties v1.0-rc.1
    * Many code improvements
    * Fix triggering of encumbrance penalties not detecting current carried weight correctly.
    Last edited by bmos; May 11th, 2021 at 12:41.

Another great extension!
    Seems to work fine so far. My speed is not getting reduced, probably due to another extension, need to check that.

Enhancement Suggestion:
    - Integrate conditions like "Fatigued" or "Exhaustion", those that have an impact on strength.

What is your speed at? If it was 30 ft and is now 20 because of wearing medium/heavy armor, it won't go down further because ALL encumbrance penalties don't stack with penalties already given by wearing armor and shield.

I say this because I myself was not aware of that rule until testing the encumbrance penalties extension further. I have this to thank bmos! His extensions helps me understand and master the rules better ^^

On another topic, does this extension take into account the dwarven racial trait
    {(Slow and Steady) Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.}?
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 9th, 2021 at 14:32. Reason: Slow and steady suggestion

What is your speed at? If it was 30 ft and is now 20 because of wearing medium/heavy armor, it won't go down further because ALL encumbrance penalties don't stack with penalties already given by wearing armor and shield.
    Yes, you're right. At least it doesn't help my 7 STR wizard

On another topic, does this extension take into account the dwarven racial trait?
    yes, slow and steady should work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarestia View Post
    Integrate conditions like "Fatigued" or "Exhaustion", those that have an impact on strength.
    Those should be working, but it looks like they are not yet. Will try to fix for v1.0 release.

EDIT:
    Encumbrance Penalties v1.0
    * Many code improvements
    * Fix triggering of encumbrance penalties not detecting current carried weight correctly.
    * Fix conditions not being detected
    * Fix str adj and str mult not recalculating carrying capacities
    EDIT 2:
    Encumbrance Penalties v1.1
    * Add barbarian fast movement ability. +10 speed if not wearing heavy armor and not heavily encumbered.
    Last edited by bmos; May 12th, 2021 at 01:33.

Since these were posts edits, that was a sneaky extension that didn't pop in my email notifications :P

A good thing I had the feeling to go check your github repository!

Thank you so much for this update! I will give it a try for sure ^^

EDIT: The Fast Movement speed adjustment seems to work like intended for the Combat tab in the Player Character sheet, but it doesn't show the correct value in the Main tab Speed entry! (it stays at 30 in the main tab whereas it's at 40 in the combat tab)
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 12th, 2021 at 14:10. Reason: I tried it and found one issue

Since these were posts edits, that was a sneaky extension that didn't pop in my email notifications :P

A good thing I had the feeling to go check your github repository!

Thank you so much for this update! I will give it a try for sure ^^

EDIT: The Fast Movement speed adjustment seems to work like intended for the Combat tab in the Player Character sheet, but it doesn't show the correct value in the Main tab Speed entry! (it stays at 30 in the main tab whereas it's at 40 in the combat tab)
    I'm glad you noticed! I try to avoid bumping my extension-specific threads with release notifications in favor of posting them in my combo thread (in my signature).

I'm not seeing the issue you're reporting, however. Possibly there is an incompatibility with another extension?

I did noticed that the +10 is only applied once you equip/unequip an inventory item (which has to be done each time you re-load FG), perhaps this is what you're noticing?
    I'm going to see if I can fix this soon.

You are right, changing the equipped state of any item in the inventory does correct the value and put the speed back to 40. Having this fixed would be awesome indeed!

However, you were right about the extension incompatibility: I have pinpointed the one that prevents the Main tab from updating to 40 while the combat tab updates to 40.
    When you load your Encumbrance Penalties with your Drain and Permanent Bonuses extension, the main tab speed stays at 30 while the combat speed goes up to 40.

Thank you again for your awesome work!
    Last edited by Khoredran; May 12th, 2021 at 17:39. Reason: precisions

Thread Information