FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Fantasy grounds tips

I love them.

Todays > Avoidance.

type this in the CT under effects and a PC or NPC will take 1/2 on a failed save and nothing on a successful save.
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

I was curious. Isn't this just another way of putting in Evasion? Since that does the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Todays > Avoidance.

type this in the CT under effects and a PC or NPC will take 1/2 on a failed save and nothing on a successful save.
    Not in PF2 you won't. That's a D&D 5e thing: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ial-Components

In PF2 it's called Evasion and only applies to reflex saves, and works differently from 5e's avoidance. And that's really more appropriate for NPCs (that's primarily where it's used). Release 18 will use two new effects to handle evasion, juggernaut and resolve; plus other cases that change a save result, and/or damage taken.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Great! I thought it sounded redundant from Evasion but figured it was on the weekly specials FG tips and thought > cool!
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Great! I thought it sounded redundant from Evasion but figured it was on the weekly specials FG tips and thought > cool!
    Top be clear - it's not a case of being redundant, "Avoidance" does nothing at all in the PF2 ruleset.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 7th, 2021 at 22:11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

They really should have mentioned it was a 5e tip on that tweet, but whoever does the tweets seems laser focused on 5e.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    They really should have mentioned it was a 5e tip on that tweet, but whoever does the tweets seems laser focused on 5e.
    +1 to this!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

I usually review Useful shortcuts and tips to use in Fantasy Grounds every six months as I tend to forget about half of them...

Some of them also work in Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by stephan_ View Post
    I usually review Useful shortcuts and tips to use in Fantasy Grounds every six months as I tend to forget about half of them...

Some of them also work in Unity.
    Ooh nice list. Couple of these are new to me, I wonder if the shift to mark AoO works in PF2.
    Last edited by kaernunnos; May 8th, 2021 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    I wonder if the shift to mark AoO works in PF2.
    I removed it. The other ruleset only tag the attack description in chat with [OPPORTUNITY] there's nothing else done with it, and it can't be used in IF/IFT conditional effects - so there's really not much gained by it. I think it was originally added when many more people played via the text input and could differentiate that an attack was an attack of opportunity in text - without having to type anything extra. But I don't see the need for this in the PF2 ruleset. An attack is an attack, if it's an attack of opportunity it comes from the ability/feat and usually uses the actor's reaction.

Thread Information