DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

There are a series of adventures on dmsguild by a mob called 5e Solo Gamebooks that have been converted to FG mods, perhaps you could look at one of them to see how it was implemented
    https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...s&src=fid45545

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    There are a series of adventures on dmsguild by a mob called 5e Solo Gamebooks that have been converted to FG mods, perhaps you could look at one of them to see how it was implemented
    https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?...s&src=fid45545
    Thank you. I’ll give them a “look-see”.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    But I think that Minty is referencing playing store bought material.
    Exactly.
    But thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate it.

I think what I will do is just go with a grid on a generic blank image or image of a gravel floor. I can pencil in any walls or obstacles mentioned in the narrative. And place combatants per the narrative too. Most of the AL stuff is pretty specific.

Eventually I’ll work toward superteddy57’s suggestion of doing it all theater of the mind. (Though at the moment that sounds like a lot to keep in my head.)

Would something like this help with adding some randomisation to NPC behaviours?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ete-Essentials

He already provides the data in spreadsheet form, and I would buy in a heartbeat an FG module for one click results, if he ever built and sold one.
    Last edited by Ludd_G; May 8th, 2021 at 08:05.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludd_G View Post
    Would something like this help with adding some randomisation to NPC behaviours?

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...ete-Essentials
    Not really. But the product is worth a look, especially at its current price.

My question is really one of FG functionality.
    I would like to be able to unmask the proper portion of a map without knowing anything about the map. (Granted an impossibility.)

I would like to unmask the area that encompasses the NPC tokens, for the current encounter, but I wish to remain ignorant of everything else about the map.

FG would unmask, say the 5 foot area around each token, when I clicked the “Add Encounter...” button at the bottom of the Encounter Dialog.

When lighting comes out in Unity, maybe you'd be able to attach a 10' torch to each token? That combined with LoS may give some of the functionality you're after?

Or maybe if there was a friendly 'dummy' token that was within the encounter and got placed with the NPCs. If that was part of 'party vision' that could do it?

I think there is possibly a way (with LoS and dynamic lighting) to get near what you'd like, but I fear it'd need to be prepped for you ahead of time by a third party, to keep the surprise element there. Maybe there could be a market for normal adventure modules pre-tweaked for solo play in this way?
    Last edited by Ludd_G; May 8th, 2021 at 15:08.

Blog Entries
    .... it'd need to be prepped for you ahead of time by a third party, to keep the surprise element there. Maybe there could be a market for normal adventure modules pre-tweaked for solo play in this way?
    I’ve considered this possibility, once I get things ironed out. Though I’m retired, and done with looking for “market opportunities”. As I Solo through old Adventurers League modules I certainly wouldn’t mind sharing tweaks, probably as “accessory modules”, as community contributed content.

Blog Entries
    When lighting comes out in Unity, maybe you'd be able to attach a 10' torch to each token? That combined with LoS may give some of the functionality you're after?

Or maybe if there was a friendly 'dummy' token that was within the encounter and got placed with the NPCs. If that was part of 'party vision' that could do it?

I think there is possibly a way (with LoS and dynamic lighting) to get near what you'd like, but I fear it'd need to be prepped for you ahead of time by a third party, to keep the surprise element there. Maybe there could be a market for normal adventure modules pre-tweaked for solo play in this way?
    That many light sources will I think overload your system at least on last test build.

Thread Information