Hello Role-Players!

We are a small group, looking to add two players to start a new campaign. We are long-time RPG players, who are laid back, and enjoy the comradery of anyone who enjoys engaging in interactive stories while chucking (virtual) dice. The current members are over 40, so you need to be comfortable hanging out with an older crowd. More important than age, is that we seek gamers who will be committed to the group, are inclusive of differences in others, and can laugh at themselves (as well at others in the group.)

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity - I have the Ultimate license
Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: CST
Day of week and time: Fridays 9:00 PM - Midnight
If new game, planned start date: Friday, May 14 - Session Zero
Frequency: Weekly
Term: Depending on player interest and group cohesion, it could be long term. We plan to play as long as everyone is enjoying the group.

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40 - Combat is not the primary focus, but still remains part of the fun. I try to run an engaging primary story arc, which involves both combat and non-combat encounters, as well as NPC interaction, skill challenges, an occasional puzzle or trap, etc. I do my best to listen to our players and give them the freedom to explore an open world along with their character's motivations/goals. Ideally, we have collaborative approach where GM and players shape the story together as we go. At, least that is my goal…

Number of Players in game: The party will consist of four players total…we are still needing two.
Player Style: We are looking for players who are willing to commit to the group and the scheduled time. If you can't make a session, we expect you to communicate that to myself and our group ahead of time. We are looking for collaborative individuals, who enjoy being team oriented. We hope to find people who enjoy immersing themselves in their character, but can also balance party needs and goals with individual ones of their character.

Character starting level & equipment: 1st level - no equipment (see scenario below)
Character expectations & restrictions: We are looking for players who enjoy bringing a character to life in the game. We have over a week before the game starts, allowing players ample time in creating their character. I try to weave the PC backstories into the main plot which ultimately will shape the course of the campaign. Options will also be provided for some downtime activity between sessions.

The following are not hard rules, but stuff to consider in determining whether you want to be a part of this group:
- If your ONLY goal is to min/max your character to create the ultimate damage-dealing machine, we may not be the right group for you.
- If you are hoping to play an evil character, we may not be the right group for you.
- If you find creating character background information tedious and boring, we may not be the right group for you.
- If it bothers you when the GM makes a mistake, or when other players make stupid decisions, don't play their character the "right way", we may not be the right group for you.
- If you don't have much time to invest in this group, because you are involved in five other RPG campaigns, we may not be the right group for you.

Details of the scenario: The campaign is part published stuff and part homebrew. We are using the World of Farland as our campaign setting, which has a strong Tolkien flavor. I will provide a world overview, and additional campaign details to the players before we begin, including the house rules we will be using. The campaign world is dark, low-magic, but I keep the theme "rated PG" or so. Our first session will be a Session Zero on May 14, where we will go over the campaign, the world, player backgrounds, house rules...as well as discussing play-styles and expectations that people have. That evening we will then run a short city-based scenario, where the characters find themselves in the city prison (starting without equipment). I will be looking for feedback and input from the players as we continue in future sessions to help shape the direction of the campaign.

If you are interested in joining the group: Please send me a PM, if you are interested in joining. In a paragraph or two, describe your "play style", your expectations as a player and how you think you would fit with the group. If you wish to share anything more about yourself, that's optional. At this point, we are not interested in what type of character you want to play. We are interested in finding players who fit our group. Please respond by Saturday, May 8th 6:00 PM CST. I will respond to everyone who contacts me within 12 hours.