DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Players Randomly Disconnect

Summary: Almost all of my players will randomly disconnect and reconnect over the course of the game. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason I can find out. It is never all of the players at once. Some will even stay connected one session then have issues the next. I have included my logs as well a a few of the players. Are there things we can try to improve connectivity?

Ruleset(s): D&D 5e

New Campaign

Extensions/Themes: D&D official

Modules Loaded: DMG, MM, Player handbook, MOoT, Tasha, and Xanathar

Operating System / Language Setting: Windows 10, Most use English, some use Portuguese
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Fenrir227; December 30th, 2021 at 00:33.

Something is closing the network connection between the GM application and the player application. I see a bunch of these sort of error messages.
    [12/11/2021 7:56:11 PM] Noble Connect [405492]: Socket receive operation was interrupted, likely due to the socket being closed

Due to the way that networking is exposed to applications on your operating system, the only error message we receive is that the network socket connection has been closed. This is usually caused by some sort of security software on the GM or player machine which is kill connections (such as high-traffic connections, multiple incoming connections, etc.); or a router setting which is doing the same (firewalls, quality of service throttling, etc.)

Since it seems to happen to all players at random times, it seems like it's most likely a GM-side issue that I would look at first.

We put together a wiki page to help you investigate possible issues related to your local networking that could be affecting this:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...roubleshooting

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information