STAR TREK 2d20

Duplicate Painting Layers As Walls

Summaryuplicate Paint Layers as Walls, makes some mess. Basically does not create correct (not even close) LoS (see picture), sometimes you cannot even create it.

No-LoS:Attachment 46374
    LoS:Attachment 46375

Ruleset(s): tried in 5e

New Campaign / FGC Migrated Campaign: NC

Extensions/Themes: FG Dark

Modules Loaded: PHB

Operating System / Language Setting: Mac - English

Steps to Reproduce: By using art pack interior I. Use painting-stamp to create a wall with corners and then by selecting the painting layers click on Duplicate painting layers as walls
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

I could be wrong on this because I haven't played around too much with the map making but the duplicate paint layers as walls is meant to create LoS from a layer that you have painted. So in my first image I've used the paint tool to draw a shape and then in the second I've used the duplicate to create the LoS. I think that if you use the layers to create a map using assets then you'll need to add the LoS yourself unless the assets already have LoS built into them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okey, if you use the brush tool it works but not if you use stamp.

I'll ask Joshua what the purpose of no-brush walls.
    Last edited by Drogo210; May 5th, 2021 at 16:28.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

This is correct. That's how Josh explained it in his videos. The purpose of no brush walls should be to stamp them. I would also point out that some of the older assets, particularly the kickstarter ones, don't match the newer map pack organization. Also a there are a number of extra images since it wasn't known you could rotate and flip tiles and assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    This is correct. That's how Josh explained it in his videos. The purpose of no brush walls should be to stamp them. I would also point out that some of the older assets, particularly the kickstarter ones, don't match the newer map pack organization. Also a there are a number of extra images since it wasn't known you could rotate and flip tiles and assets.
    Makes sense. It would be nice to add to walls, used with stamp, LoS, as Zac wrote.
    UTC +2
    Italian DM
    Italian/English Player

Thread Information