DICE PACKS BUNDLE

I Already Own The Books. Can I Use The Books I Have?

I'm considering moving from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds Unity. However, the determining factor is do I have to re-purchase the books that I already own? Is there a way I can insert a code or something?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkShroud View Post
    I'm considering moving from Roll20 to Fantasy Grounds Unity. However, the determining factor is do I have to re-purchase the books that I already own? Is there a way I can insert a code or something?
    Yes you do have to purchase the books because they are seperate products developed and converted to work in Fantasy Grounds. Paizo (Pathfinder) products come with a discount if you already bought the products from Paizo and link your FG and Paizo accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    Yes you do have to purchase the books because they are seperate products developed and converted to work in Fantasy Grounds. Paizo (Pathfinder) products come with a discount if you already bought the products from Paizo and link your FG and Paizo accounts.
    The World of Darkness books/pdfs are purchased through Renegade Game Studios not Paizo. Does this mean they don't have a discount program with Renegade?

Thank you for responding.

As far as I know Paizo are the only publisher that offer that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    As far as I know Paizo are the only publisher that offer that deal.
    Thanks once again. I'm definitely not re-purchasing books I've already paid for. It's a waste of my hard-earned money.

You are not purchasing books you are purchasing a conversion into Fantasy Grounds and all the automation that entails. For WoD that includes a really well done ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by bayne7400 View Post
    You are not purchasing books you are purchasing a conversion into Fantasy Grounds and all the automation that entails. For WoD that includes a really well done ruleset.
    Thank you for the clarification.

As a minimum you need to purchase the relevant ruleset, for example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....php?id=VTM5TH

This gives you the code developed to run the specific RPG system in question and usually includes the related core rulebook data - in both a readable book (reference manual) format and with FG specific data records.

Once you have the ruleset you can enter data manually if you don't want to purchase additional products you already own in other formats.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkShroud View Post
    Thanks once again. I'm definitely not re-purchasing books I've already paid for. It's a waste of my hard-earned money.
    You are not repurchasing anything. You are buying the ruleset with automation and functionality that someone had to programme and the documentation converted to work in FGU. Its like buying a DVD and then buying the same film on Blu-Ray. Different products.

You should join the FG Discord and join a game in the LFG channel and see what you are purchasing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As a minimum you need to purchase the relevant ruleset, for example: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store....php?id=VTM5TH

This gives you the code developed to run the specific RPG system in question and usually includes the related core rulebook data - in both a readable book (reference manual) format and with FG specific data records.

Once you have the ruleset you can enter data manually if you don't want to purchase additional products you already own in other formats.
    Thank you, this was very helpful.

Thread Information