STAR TREK 2d20

PF2 Combat Tracker

Not sure if I should post here, but text in the Combat Tracker is not wrapping around based on the size of the CT. The coding below the text however does (see death light in image). Is this a feature?

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    Not sure if I should post here, but text in the Combat Tracker is not wrapping around based on the size of the CT. The coding below the text however does. Is this a feature?

That's the way it's designed. The first line is included purely as a reminder (to show requirements primarily). If the whole text is shown some NPCs would take up the whole combat tracker. Click the link to the left of the bold ability title to see the whole description. The automation double-click actions are listed below the single line.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I see. It's a shame it can't be toggled on or off in the options, seeing as I can click the link if I wanted to read the description. Perhaps in the future?

I see. It's a shame it can't be toggled on or off in the options, seeing as I can click the link if I wanted to read the description. Perhaps in the future?
    Not planning that, sorry. And definitely not via a hard to change campaign option - because then it wouldn't be a quick change if you suddenly had an NPC in the CT with lots of text. To be honest, most NPCs beyond the level 3 or 4 would take up most of the combat tracker, so I really don't see this as a good idea. If you want to see the ability text open the individual ability from the CT, or open the whole NPC record to see everything. The CT is meant to give quick access to actions, effects, targeting, etc., not to be the one stop for detailed information.

Like I mentioned, the one line is there to give you a reminder about the ability - your screenshot is a great example of this. The Corpselight (only a level 2 creature) whole statblock doesn't fit within the height of a standard 1080p screen (see below). The single line entries of the five abilities shown in the CT give you great info as a reminder or prompt for what each ability can do - it shows you prerequisites (either in wisp form or in a corpse), that it can sense dead bodies, that it has issues being exposed to sunlight and that something happens when it's reduced to 0 hit points. All of these give you an idea what the ability does and when to look at it in more detail. Even with this it takes up a large amount of the CT, if all of the ability text was shown it would pretty much take it all up.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I’d rather not have the text at all. And rely on the link for the detail. Just have the automated code. So option is off completely, or on for the one line as is. Just a suggestion.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. I’d rather not have the text at all. And rely on the link for the detail. Just have the automated code. So option is off completely, or on for the one line as is. Just a suggestion.
    Ah, sorry. I'll keep it in mind as a possible future change, but not planning on adding extra stuff stuff like that to the list right now.

I'd love to try to declutter the CT as well. I love where the ruleset automation is going, but we still need to get a general sense of how the whole round is going to happen as a GM!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Thread Information