DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extension recommendations for PF2?

Hi guys,

since I am a) quite new to FGU and b) just bought and read PF2, I would be interested to know which of the mods/extensions you recommend for the current FGU version.

The mods/extensions at the beginning of the post are partly quite old and I had read that older mods/extensions don't necessarily work with the current version of FGU.

As a base I already bought the official bestiaray and core rulebook and now I want to "extend" this in a meaningful way - player facilitations, character effects, item effects and so on.

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you very much in advance!

With kind regards

TWolli

Hiya,

All the Extentions (but not Mods) that I use for PF2e: Better Save Descriptions for PFRPG2e, CORERPG Combat Highlighter, CORERPG Has Initiative Indicator, CORERPG Wound Overlay, Height, Moon Tracker (Modified), PF2E Modifiers Desktop Buttons, PFRPG2 change Profienciency.

I have started getting some errors when tokens are involved, but they usually pass quickly and/or I just hit close and everything runs well enough (no crashes....yet).

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    All the Extentions (but not Mods) that I use for PF2e: Better Save Descriptions for PFRPG2e
    I would recommend you don't use this one - it is using old save code that has been updated since that came out. It doesn't break anything in the current live environment, but it will break a lot when release 18 goes live (which should be soon). So I recommend you don't use this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have started getting some errors when tokens are involved, but they usually pass quickly and/or I just hit close and everything runs well enough (no crashes....yet).
    If you get errors you *need* to identify what is causing them. When FG raises an error it stops running all code that's part of the process/event the code was related to - you may think that "Everything runs well enough" after but there could be data left in an incomplete state that could cause other issues later. Don't ignore errors - find out what's causing them (probably an extension) and take steps to fix it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you get errors you *need* to identify what is causing them. When FG raises an error it stops running all code that's part of the process/event the code was related to - you may think that "Everything runs well enough" after but there could be data left in an incomplete state that could cause other issues later. Don't ignore errors - find out what's causing them (probably an extension) and take steps to fix it.
    Haha, spoken like a true engineer/quality coder! We users are more like, "meh, seems ok if I just turn up the radio and ignore the warning sounds!"

The error always pops up when I first open an image with token already on it: nameerror.png

No idea what's going on there, but I wager it is one of the CORERPG extentions I mentioned above as it started since I added those (but not when I added them).
    Last edited by EmptyOwl; May 4th, 2021 at 19:09.

The error always pops up when I first open an image with token already on it: nameerror.png

No idea what's going on there, but I wager it is one of the CORERPG extentions I mentioned above as it started since I added those (but not when I added them).
    More than likely one of those. Check the extension threads for updates. And if updates don't fix it, remove an extension one at a time until you don't get the error. It may be an issue with one extension or it may be two (or more) clashing with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    More than likely one of those. Check the extension threads for updates. And if updates don't fix it, remove an extension one at a time until you don't get the error. It may be an issue with one extension or it may be two (or more) clashing with each other.
    It would be awesome if FG was able to have a repository of mods/extensions and could update them automatically like Foundry. Manually checking them is more effort then I typically expend until something well and truly breaks, as most times they haven't been updated so I wasted my time and/or I can't even remember where I downloaded them from.

Really looking forward to Release 18 & 19 though, PF2E is looking great!

Really looking forward to Release 18 & 19 though, PF2E is looking great!
    Thanks!

BTW, so that poor Trenloe wouldn't have any more stress on him and he could get back to work without having to worry about my buggy software slowly leaking into my computer's memory and causing all kinds of problems, I did go update the addons. Only the Combat Overlay seemed to have a recent one and so far it isn't throwing any more errors! So, rest easy Trenloe, and, perhaps, with the extra time on your hands, you could assimilate some of the functionality of the Better Save Descriptions for PF2e into the new Release? ;-D

So, rest easy Trenloe...
    Thanks! I will.

...perhaps, with the extra time on your hands, you could assimilate some of the functionality of the Better Save Descriptions for PF2e into the new Release? ;-D
    Already waaaay ahead of you - this was shared on the Discord server a month ago. If you weren't using the extension then you'd have been seeing the different icons since last July (the extension uses old code from before that) and the description text order has been changed in Release 18.

Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information