DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Tokens on images shows up as red crosses for players

Hi, I have an issue. I have a world map (custom world) and to make it easier to remember the places they have discovered I put out tokens on their map, with a tag so that if they hover over the token with their mouse a text shows naming the place. But some of my tokens is not working on the players map. It works on my map. Both are custom made, basically just an image like the map over the town or something run through Token Stamp 2 and imported into FGU.

I do this will ALL my tokens, and most work, but for some reason, some don't. Any suggestions?

Usually that means that the tokens haven't downloaded for the players - or possibly that the tokens are in the wrong format (in other words not .png files). How did you add the tokens to the map?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

At the moment, I am the player on a second instance of FGU running on the same computer. Just testing it you see. So it is weird if it isn't downloaded, as all the rest of it is downloaded and works fine. The text attached as a tooltip works perfectly.

I open the "Folder" in Assets in my Campaign folder, and put it in there. All tokens that doesn't work is .png files

Edit: I thought that they maybe was bigger size than the others, but no. Some of the tokens that works are bigger.
    Last edited by Vegard; May 4th, 2021 at 14:27.

So. just to be clear. You are making token .png files, adding those to your tokens/host folder or into the campaignname/tokens in FGU. You then start your campaign and open up your map and unlock it. You select layers and then open the Assets > Tokens > campaign/data and drag the token you want into the tile box and then click on the map where you want to place the token?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Okey, just in case someone else finds this and have the same issue:

You are making token .png files
    - Yes

adding those to your tokens/host folder or into the campaignname/tokens in FGU
    - Yes, into campaignname/tokens folder in FGU

You then start your campaign and open up your map and unlock it
    - Yes

You select layers and then open the Assets > Tokens > campaign/data and drag the token you want into the tile box and then click on the map where you want to place the token
    - Well, no. I just drag the token from Assets > Token > campaign/data and drag it directly onto the unlocked map where I want it, just as I do with tokens on battlemaps. I tried your way, and it made no difference. You know why? Cause when I relogged as player it now worked perfectly. All tokens put onto the map my way, and the token I put on map your way.

It seems I encountered one more bug that just suddenly resolves itself without me doing anything really to fix it. Thanks anyway though

If you drag tokens directly onto the map then your players will be able to move them about - which you might not want. It's better to add them as a layer which means only the DM can move them. It may be that you need to refresh the map when you put a new token on - either by re-sharing or by the players closing and reopening it.

What I really want is for the players to put out these tokens themselves, but that is very cumbersome seeing as FGU won't let me share my assets with my players. But I lock the tokens on map (this is a regional map, not a map where anything needs to be moved really), so if they try to move it I can just reject the movement.

A better way (IMO) to achieve what you want to do here is to create story entries for the places and then pin those to the map. Then share the pin and the story. The players will see the green pins and be able to click on them to see the entry (and hovering over them will give then the title of the story entry). This way you can add a lot more information as well as marking the name of the place.

That sounds like a neat idea. Wish it was possible for players to make a note and pin those to the map. But gonna try yours Thanks

Try the player agency extension https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ency-Extension

Players can't pin anything to the map (you can however); but they can create their own notes and edit them.

Thread Information