FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    did we set up a discoard for the game ?

I haven't played in a DL adventure in ages and the last time I pleyed iit was the Deadlands Reloaded edition. Anyhow, I'd like to play and I did put myself on the calendar, Being experienced with SW I'd like to build my own PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    ..experienced people can make character in savaged.us and ...
    I'm not sure how I'd build a DL Weird West PC with that tool, as savaged.us only seems to allow for the creation of a PC with core SWADE options? I can see where that would work for the most part for DL:RL, but from what I see in the DL:WW test drive, the player options have changed quite a bit - I definitely don't recall an AB (Blessed) or AB (Hukster) in RL.
    Does DL:WW support AB (Weird Science) and if so, is it close to that AB in core SWADE?
    As well, does one of the savaged.us export options support importing into FGU?

Although I have SWD and SWADE for my FGU Ultimate license, I wasn't planning on buying the DL:WW DLC, or the PDF for that matter. Anyways, even without DL:WW, it seems I'd be better off just building a PC in an empty SWADE campaign, since I could then export it. Unless I missed something on that savaged.us site and there's indeed some way to enable DL:WW content/options for it?

Oops, yeah they apparently don't have any DL stuff there. Important things to remember is that Guts is no longer a skill, they did make a skill called "Trade." Dueling is a little different. The big thing to remember is that the campaign is based around a Cattle Drive so you should make a character that can fit in. General rule of thumb I am going with this campaign is that you are part of the misc. cowhands going along. So if you play, you character is there; if you miss or drop, your character is an NPC cowhand doing other stuff.

Will try again see if anyone takes its.
    Bennie Write-up Rule: If a player writes up a summary of last session they will get a benny next session they play. (Generally, first come first serve. But exceptional ones may still get an extra.)
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Campaign: Necessary Evil
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    Discord: Mgrancey#4994
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Quote Originally Posted by Mgrancey View Post
    Oops, yeah they apparently don't have any DL stuff there. Important things to remember is that Guts is no longer a skill, they did make a skill called "Trade." Dueling is a little different. The big thing to remember is that the campaign is based around a Cattle Drive so you should make a character that can fit in. General rule of thumb I am going with this campaign is that you are part of the misc. cowhands going along. So if you play, you character is there; if you miss or drop, your character is an NPC cowhand doing other stuff.
    OK, good to know and thanks for getting back to me. I think I'm going to just build a suitable PC in an empty SWADE campaign. If you could find the time to confirm that these novice edges are, or are no longer present in DL:WW, it'd be much appreciated;

COMBAT
    Hip-Shooting
    Martial Arts
    Rebel Yell
    Speed Load

SOCIAL
    Card Sharp
    True Grit

PROFESSIONAL
    Scout
    Snakeoil Salesman
    Soldier
    Tale Teller
    Wilderness Man

the Weird Edge Knack

Knowing that, I can then just create the edges I want to use for my PC in my FG campaign. You already mentioned Duelist is different, so I'll try to build without it. Knowing that a drover PC is what's required, I'm not really planning on an AB PC.

[Edit] I'm not worried about difference in Hindrances, because SWADE added so many new, quality ones that I can't see finding something appropriate being a problem. And I'm assuming a Riding less than d6 is a bad idea - that a correct assumption?
    Last edited by kronovan; May 28th, 2021 at 18:15.

Hey Mgrancey,

Nevermind about confirming all those edges. I've built a PC, zipped it up and can get it to you if I know where to send to. As long as the Snakeoil Salesman edge is still there and hasn't changed much, my PC should be doable. And even if that edge isn't, it would only be a small adjustment to make my PC work.

Snakeoil Salesman wasn't included but would probably be covered by "Charismatic." Tests themselves have been loosened up and will depend on what you do to perform that test. Trying to confuse or distract them would generally be resisted by Smarts, Initimidation would be Spirit generally. I have the Fast Tests extension but havent tried Perusasion to see what its automation does.

They did away with a lot of flat bonuses and instead offered free rerolls on Skills and such.

SWADE (pg 108) has Taunt as an example used and suggests it should be resisted by Smarts.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Current Project: Dawn of Daikaiju: Converting, Deadlands: Reloaded The last Sons - Quality Assurance Checking
    "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?" -- Maxim 14 of The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
    Adventure: Keep Living Life Like There's No Tomorrow and You'll Eventually Be Right,

Home and working on dinner. Should be starting on time roughly speaking
    Ultimate License Holder

Server is up but away from PC
    Ultimate License Holder

Are we game on for tomorrow night?

nope, previously planned stuff. next time will be 2 weeks
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information