DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP to play PreGen tank in existing game.

Hello fellow gamers,

Opening in game. Players work schedule has changed and can no longer play. Have an opening for a PreGen Tank. Character has existing background and good rep with other characters. Game is on Tuesday night starting at 5 or 5:30 PM EST. We play for a total of 5 hours every other week.

I have Ultimate license!

Eastern Standard Time

Discord handle: Thallos#1184

I am looking for 4 mature gamers that like to play in a gritty realistic setting in a Forgotten Realms/Homebrew world.

being older does not make a mature gamer
    18+ players that are not going to bring their personal life and ideologies into the game, you're not your character!
    Newbies okay
    I may add a couple players as time goes on if it is okay with the group.
    My max is six players!
    If you start playing in my campaign and you can no long play for any reason, no worries, please talk to me and let me know you're leaving the game.

What I as the DM am looking for in players:

Accepting my judgement and roleplay your characters with what information is before you.
    Good RP'ers
    someone that works on their character and knows where it's going.

If I am contrary to the rules there may actually be a reason/s.

Please by all means, if I am contrary to the rules bring it to my attention at the time and I will address it.
    If you speak up, have the book and page # for me at that time not 1/2 an hour later.
    I will make a final judgement call and say you are right and change it or I'm sorry but this is my final judgement and it stands.
    At that point the Players should roleplay their characters in accordance with what is happening, the character may not know that that should not have happened and continue on their way oblivious or that it should have happen so apparently something is amiss.
    I do not tolerate any arguments with my decisions during game play after I have made a final judgement.
    Players are free to chat with me after the session about any judgement calls I made.
    If a judgement was made and is contrary to the rules don't expect a reason that's for in game and for players to figure out for their characters. Somethings may not ever be figured out.

Things are happening all around the Characters!

Things the characters know about, which is but a nano-portion of what is actually happening around them.
    Things the Characters don't know about, the majority of goings on.
    Just like in the real world with real people, characters have a knowledge of but a small grain of sand of things that affect the beach, and are oblivious to a majority of things.
    This is compounded by the fact there are Gods, and other powerful entities that may take an interest in the character\s, for the benefit of the Characters or not so beneficial for them. Not to mention magics, psionics and other things in a fantasy setting.
    A characters actions will dictate any future dealings with NPC's, and NPC's that trust the NPC that the characters have dealings with.

Healing/regeneration/resurrection is realistic in my campaign world.

Characters can only naturally heal 1/2 their HP during a rest, no more, the right feat will help improve that.
    After the first 1/2 of total HP's are recovered from a short or long rest, convalescing wounds will be required in order to regain remaining hit points by natural means,
    Every 3 days a character convalesces the Player can roll a single hit die to regain the lost HP, or take the average, players choice.
    Magics and potions to heal are rare!
    salves and tonics can speed healing as much as twice as fast and are more common at an apothecary.
    If wounds do not receive medical attention/or healing or fully healed it could be life threatening.
    Healing potions are to be poured directly on wounds and not drank, potions do their max healing and can can either be used on one wound or be divided into 1/5's. So one potion of healing can treat up to 5 wounds for 2 pts each.
    A person must have the healing medical or healing skill to divide healing potions.
    Drinking healing potions can cure certain things, Characters with a medical or apothecary skill may know some but not all types of poisons a potion of healing will help with.
    regeneration of limbs are not immediate and take time, the time depends on how much of the limb/extremity is left.
    bodies without heads can only be resurrected and only after the head was reattached or regenerated, the body must be whole.

Combat

If a creature say a dragon has 4 claws on it's hand/Paw/talons then each claw/talon does damage
    If said dragon hits a target, and has 4 claws/talons then a D4 is rolled and that many claws hit the target and damage is times that number,(dragons suddenly became much more dangerous)
    Bears have 5 claws, Trolls have 5 talons hence they can do 5 X the damage per hit.
    This pertains to any creature that gets claw attacks.
    I use wounding tables, Critical hits can cause permeant wounds that only the highest level healing spells can alleviate.
    Wounding table wounds are as read and immediate (at my discretion, so if ya take a critical and roll damage and do 2 pts of damage but critical states a limb is chopped off, the damage doesn't reflect that so either no limb is chopped off or more HP is lost)

Races/Classes/Archetypes

The book modules I have and that a player can load into fantasy grounds most all are permitted and will be discussed during character creation.
    Most all Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, 1/2 Orcs, and humans are all permitted. Others are up for discussion and very rare to find on the prime material plane.
    Cleric Healers Rarely if ever wander outside their city, town or village if a town or village are lucky enough to have one.
    Cleric Healers only adventure when they are on a mission for their God!
    Battle Clerics and a few other Archetype clerics will adventure but only if they are allowed to stop in towns and villages to spread the word of their God.
    Gods do not grant healing spells lightly, i.e. Healers must heal all who ask for it, those that have the wherewithal must pay, the poor and oppressed msut be healed without compensation but can ask for donations to the temple in other forms such as crops or livestock.
    A battle cleric/war priest can pray for healing spells continuously from first level on but not be granted the ability to cast any healing spells till 8th or 9th level, and if they don't pray daily for the healing spells specifically and all the time it will take longer.
    Druids will have a separate character sheet for each of it's major shapes that will be changed out on the map when in that shape.
    Druids wild shapes level up! for every 4 levels of Character level the Wild shape gets 1 level.
    All characters are created in Fantasy Grounds during a Character creation session that will be one on one with a Player and DM.
    Halfling luck can only be used by the halfling and not given to another characters!

Feats
    Luck feat cannot be taken

Magic/Psionics and Magic items

Magic is not common place
    A mages capabilities are directly reflected by their ability scores
    The type of mage determines which ability scores affect capabilities
    Magic items are rare and hard to come by
    Magic items fetch a premium if one can find a buyer with that much coin.
    Trade and coin are more likely than all coin for magic items
    Spells are closely guarded by their creators
    Psionic powers are not detectable by magic,
    Psionic powers are extremely rare, 100 X more rare than magic
    The majority of people have a built in defense against most Psionic attacks.
    Most Psionic powers mimic magical spells.
    There are no Psionic classes or Archetypes, either you have the latent power or not
    Any race or class can have Psionics
    2 feats can be used to get a latent Psionic power, so if a race/class gets 2 feat at creation then a character can get it at creation, otherwise they have to save a feat slot from creation and wait till 4th level, or save the 4th level and get it at 8th.
    Psionic powers come from different disciplines
    Disciplines are random in most cases
    General Psionic Discipline all Psionists have access to

Being Cursed and Cursed items

Being Cursed is usually pretty straight forward, one must simply get the curse removed by a caster of equal or higher level and the remove curse spell must be of equal or higher level than the one cast.
    Most minor Cursed items as being cursed by a witch or priest
    Anything more than a minor cursed item are not as easy as certain criteria must be met.
    This Criteria depends on the item as all are different

This is a short list of HB rules, a full list of Homebrew rules will be provided before game start.

About the GM:

I keep excellent notes on the parties activities. I record our sessions for game world accuracy and if we make it to 10 level will be posting on Utube or similar platform. I do not use web cams and record players faces, I only record their voices and what they have their characters do on FGU that is all.

I have been playing D&D since 1979 and GM'ing since 1981. My world has evolved and is very extensive. I don't sweat the little things and hurry uninterrupted travel along to help speed the game. I tend to be a 50/50 gamemaster when it comes to combat and RP. I award XP for combat and for RP separately, so if you don't RP your Character, you'll be losing out.

what game system is this? D&D 5e??

Quote Originally Posted by Vhok View Post
    what game system is this? D&D 5e??
    Yes it is

Thread Information