Starfinder Playlist

Thread: Sharing Stories

Sharing Stories

Hi everyone, I am pretty new to FG and we just started our first campaign with it. Most of the stuff, like sharing images and using the combat tracker is no problem, but I wanted to ask what needs to be done to share a story entry by the DM and make it such that everyone can edit it, functioning as a quest-log or similar thing for all players where they can all write down what they want. Thanks for any response, I probably have more questions in the future as I am just beginning to learn this programm.
    Last edited by Maxxx26; July 19th, 2007 at 17:12.

You found a weakness in FG. There is no way to do exactly what you want. While the GM can share a story book entry it can not be edited or cut and pasted by players. And while a player can share a note, I believe he can only make one person have the right to edit it.

Probably the best work around without changing the ruleset is to have a good typing player make notes and share them.

Thanks for the reply, I think that would work too. As an additional question, is there a way to share NPCs, such that I can give my players the stats for there ships crew, who they control in combat?

Its actually possible to share both stories and NPCs by adding the <sharable /> XML tag to the windowclass.

As far as I understand, that would mean changing the ruleset or can it be done without touching it?

Correct you would have to change the ruleset but in this case its just copying the default d20 ruleset, renaming the folder, and changing 2 files.

Ok tried it and it works with the NPCs, but how do you make it such that a story can be shared and also edited by players?

Thread Information